Anyone shop online?

redcoat45
redcoat45 Posts: 18
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Well... I have been busy of late packing cleaning and in transit so the diet has gone by the wayside.

Next week I will be settling down finally in a more permanent address but as it is in the Alaskan Bush this means all groceries and household shopping will have to be done online and transported in via air freight.

I am wondering if anyone can relay any experiences losing weight under these circumstances? I have been advised that whilst you can actually order fresh veg and fruits they dont always arrive in the best condition. My understanding is that frozen veg and fruit are just as nutricious as fresh.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Replies

• Well... I have been busy of late packing cleaning and in transit so the diet has gone by the wayside.

Next week I will be settling down finally in a more permanent address but as it is in the Alaskan Bush this means all groceries and household shopping will have to be done online and transported in via air freight.

I am wondering if anyone can relay any experiences losing weight under these circumstances? I have been advised that whilst you can actually order fresh veg and fruits they dont always arrive in the best condition. My understanding is that frozen veg and fruit are just as nutricious as fresh.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Well, online grocery shopping, not really, but frozen veggies are great. They keep longer. As for frozen meat, I have a friend that goes to Alabama once a year and gets deer meat, cleans it and freezes it and brings it back to me.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    My mom always froze strawberries and raspberries every summer just watch for any added sugar. I like to eat the diferent kinds of Motts fruitsations sauces. They have a long shelf life, and have no extra sugar added(50 cal 30% daily vit c ). They transport easier to work for me than fruit.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    About the only thing we DON'T buy online is groceries but with the way the local Walmart keeps raising their prices, (and the only regular grocery store in town is following suit in an attempt to stay in business), it's sure starting to look like a viable option.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Root vegetables always keep very well for long periods of time (potatos, carrots, turnips, etc), dried peas and beans are packed with protein, versatile, and keep forever, and DRIED FRUIT also keeps almost indefinitely when stored properly, and is also very versatile. All you do is reconstitute with water.

Everything I have ever ordered online got to me, even items that were private sales. Groceries, never tried that, but I know people who do and they seem satisfied.
This discussion has been closed.