Guilt free treat :)

Options
CatClark
CatClark Posts: 74 Member
Here's a quick idea for super-easy, guilt free treat for when you're craving ice cream... Pop a few slices of banana in the fridge - they'll be frozen in an hour and totally delicious - like chewy banana ice cream!

You can mix up the flavours by squeezing a lime over the slices before you freeze them - and I'm sure there are loads of other low-cal, low-fat ways of jazzing them up a bit (a sprinkle of cinnamon maybe?) - really yummy just as they are though, plus because they're frozen, you eat them more slowly and feel much more satisfied :)

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    cool. I sometimes put a low cal yoghurt - weightwatchers or muller light in the freezer.
    I had a frozen toffee mullerlight the other day that seriously took me about 45 minutes to eat. Really nice though
  • CatClark
    Options
    cool. I sometimes put a low cal yoghurt - weightwatchers or muller light in the freezer.
    I had a frozen toffee mullerlight the other day that seriously took me about 45 minutes to eat. Really nice though

Yummm :)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I put grapes in the freezer in the morning for a night time treat...unless the kids pinch them first!
  • murrango
    murrango Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Even better than just eating the frozen slices is making them into ice cream! Freeze a broken up banana over night and then blend it in your food processor, and viola, banana soft serve! It's also super delicious if you blend in a hand full of frozen strawberries :]
  • Charlottekd
    Options

Definately going to try this! Thanks for the idea, i love those yoghurts, and a great way to fill time in the evening when i just want to munch!! Thanks
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I always wondered if that would happen with the muller lights! Thanks for the tips everybody.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Catclark - I have a cat named Clark!
  • CatClark
    Options
    Catclark - I have a cat named Clark!

:D