Avoid Initial Discouragement!

Options
So, I ve been on MFP for almost two weeks and was initially very discouraged because the scale wasn't moving AT ALL. In fact, it was moving UPWARDS. I was making all these changes and... nothing. Then I clued in to a very large reason why :blushing: , and hence my small piece of advice for newcomers like me:

DO NOT start MFP right before your TOM!!!! At least, not if you want to see the scale move or inches come off.

Between the water retention, bloating and insane cravings I almost threw in the towel. This is a great set of tools, and it DOES work but that one week out of the month will be completely misleading and discouraging if it is the week you start.

My two cents. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yup. TOM sucks. 5 lbs and a lotta moodiness added, right around that time!!!
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    I am so happy you didn't throw in the towel. It is really hard at first, but you will find your groove! TOM does some really nasty things to you, and they all show up on the scale. Your doing great! Keep it up!
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    yeah i agree
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    Oops. I did just that, not knowing that I was starting right with that witch was coming to visit. So far so good though, I am down 4 pounds this 1st week and I know more will come off once the bloating cycle is over. :D

Great advice though!!!