is it too late?

Options
vsetter
vsetter Posts: 558 Member
Today I noticed that my butt is drooping a little bit more than it used to. See, I am the kind of girl that has an *kitten* that usually sits high and round. What can I say --- I've got hips. I have learned not to fight it but work with it. Growing up, all of my skirts were way too short in the back because of it. And some skirts had to go over my head because I couldn't get the waistline over my butt.

Anyway -- back to the droop -- what can I do about this? Are squats my best option? I workout from home now -- do I need gym equipment? I'm 36 yrs old --- is it too late to fix this???? Help.

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges are good. also, look up some pilates moves - especially the kind where you are holding bridges - even better with a stability ball! best of luck!
  • rustyrn
    rustyrn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try lunges and squats, after a week or so start carrying weights when you do them. Do hi reps. good luck!! Keep at it it is never too late
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lunges will tighten your butt, and make it more firm.. So Lunge away .. You are not too old
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, it's never too late. In your specific case, to make a detailed assessment, I believe I need to see pictures.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    NEVER too late! Squats and lunges are awesome. also different moves with a stability ball work wonders.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo will do it every time, briliant work out for the whole body!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Here's some great exercises for your bootay ;)

http://jcdfitness.com/2011/04/the-abcs-of-advanced-booty-creation/
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    regular Pilates!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have a bubble butt and running has given me a smaller but still nice looking butt. I love my butt LOL (and so is my BF LOL)
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Squats & lunges!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges, yes, and make sure you vary the types.

But also, and nobody realizes this except for some of the better trainers out there, deadlifts are probably the best glut (that's the muscle you're looking for) routine you can do. As an added bonus, a correctly performed deadlift will strengthen and improve not only the gluteal and hamstring area, but will help with lower back, abdominals, trapezius, and the latissimus dorsi as well (commonly called "lats", the muscles of the mid-back).

Make sure you look up the correct form of a deadlift before you perform it though. It's not hard to do, but I see a LOT of people do it wrong, doing it wrong puts tons of pressure on the small muscles of the back. Essentially the hips and shoulders should rise at the same time, while keeping the back straight, the head looking forward (don't tuck the chin), and the starting position of the bar should be as close to the shins as possible. Basically, start with your knees bent, and your weight on your heels, never straighten at the hips, always rise with your knees. At the end of the move, lock the hips forward and contract your abs, hold it for a second, and lower in a mirror of the rise.
  • DorothyNorrington
    DorothyNorrington Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, it's never too late. In your specific case, to make a detailed assessment, I believe I need to see pictures.

Ha Ha, I love it!