Anyone on here have Hypothyroidism?

Options
Hey guys, so I struggle with Hypothyroidism and have to stake Synthroid, If any of you have it im sure you guys know the struggle with them regulating the medication. Does any one have any tips or suggestions on workouts or tips to overcome and stay fit? I tend to gain ALL of my weight right on the love handles... I was told by my Physician that for Hypo patients, that's generally where males gain the weight but it can be different for others... i appreciate any help and feel free to add me!

Ron

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have hashimoto's hypothyroid along with lupus and fibromyalgia so I feel your pain. Try working out in the pool...easy on the joints, low impact, but big results!
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have been hypo since I had mine removed in 94. It is harder but doable to get the weight off. I count my calories every single day and am a big fan of the Beachbody workouts.
    Good luck
    Stacie
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im hypo its totally doable to lose weight take your meds and dedicate 45min for exercise mainly cardio daily and try not to eat a lot of sodium
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I have a hypothyroid, and I just found out the beginning of this year, so they still don't have the medicine regulated. I am finding it easier to lose weight on a high lean protein diet, and I walk for at least 30 minutes a day plus I am doing the c25k program. I have been walking a lot more(at least 5 miles, but 7 miles yesterday) lately because I am doing a miles challenge and it really has help increase my weightloss and help me to be firmer.
  • mpurkis
    mpurkis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do...and it's awful trying to lose weight. My doctor is actively trying to modify my Synthroid to find the right dosage that will help. Apparently you can be in the "normal" range, but everyone's sweet spot in that normal range is different. Sometimes just getting to a slightly different spot in that range can make all the difference. She upped me from 100 mcg to 112 mcg about 3 weeks ago. I did drop almost 5 pounds pretty quick, but I've plateaued again, so I'm not sure if it's coincidence yet or not.
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hypo here! I have been working toward getting regulated for a few years now! I am up to 250 mcg per day of synthroid and 5 mcg cytomel, but with my weight loss, they said that less body fat and the same amount of meds can throw me into hyper! It's a constant battle. There's not much you can do other than to keep your appointments while going through the regulation process! I try to workout 3-4 times per week for 20 minutes, but finding the motivation is hard. I am still really tired, even though my TSH is regulated to around 1.5.

Good luck!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have been on levothyroxin 200mcg since I was 18. Losing weight is not impossible... before I had my son I had lost 50lbs... N then of course gained it all back pluz more carrying him. Lol. I found the best way to lose weight was to do lots and lots of walking and eating extremely healthy. Dnt let it discourage you, its just another bump in the road to walk right over. :o) Feel free to add me!
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I have had it since 2008 and have had my dosage increased twice. I am now on 75mcg and seem to be doing better. I carry my weight around my love handles too so I feel your pain.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    yeah im on 125Mcg and it seems like i have leveled out again... its a very frustrating process!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Sorry...still learning how to post on here, I appreciate all of your feedback, I didn't expect to get any, but thank you all and were all in it together.. hopefully we can all get it figured out and be on our way to looking like models :) its nice to meet you all, feel free to add me we can all encourage each other!