For all of you wanting to loose those last 10-15 pounds...

Options
Friday June 10, 2011
Hi, GameOn2010!

FRIDAY: FEELING GOOD

How to Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds
You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.

The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:

Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
Cut out processed foods.
Abstain from alcohol.
Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.

I am going for it! How about you? I started June 1st...it's never too late to start. 30 days, you can do it!!

Replies

• es0torok
    es0torok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I call them my buffer zone. If I can lose them, then that gives me the 10 pound buffer zone before I have to go into the uh-oh I'm gaining panic.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Also be sure to not have too large of a caloric deficit or you risk burning muscle, instead of fat. When you have 10-15 to go your weekly goal should be to lose 0.5lbs/week, and make sure you eat back your exercise calories.
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    bump
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    that's a great way to think about it! i'm going to start calling these last 8 my buffer zone! maybe if i can get into i won't be so stressed out, and just into panic mode if/when i gain 2 or 3!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I've lost 57 pounds since Jan 1st weigh in...

Jan 1st: 285
    Today: 228

I have 28 pounds to lose. I was in the 230's - 240's for well over a month! I could NEVER get below 235 until I joined this site! I log EVERYTHING I eat and all the exercses.

With all the support here, I WILL make it! I WILL succeed! I will hit my ideal weight (200 pounds)!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have been fighting with these last 10 pounds for a few months now! But I am determined to win this battle!
  • silver1986
    Options
    Same here those last 10 - 15 pounds, in my case the last of the baby weight are killer! I have dropped down my calorie intake and upped my exercise a tad... I am a swimmer so it means going 5 times a week and actually swimming instead of just playing around and hanging out but I think I am starting to get there, just afraid to go into starvation mode... Still looking for the fine line between discipline and obsession...