Just a question about adding recipes. .

Options
Hello everyone!!

I was just wondering how you add a recipe to the food list? I know on weight watchers they have something called a recipe builder, you just put in what you used and how much, and they calculate the calories, etc, . on a per serving basis. Is there something similar on here??

If not, how do you all guesstimate what your home prepared meals have in them? For instance I made a pot of home made veggie soup tonight. .

Replies

• jmureddu
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

I was just wondering how you add a recipe to the food list? I know on weight watchers they have something called a recipe builder, you just put in what you used and how much, and they calculate the calories, etc, . on a per serving basis. Is there something similar on here??

If not, how do you all guesstimate what your home prepared meals have in them? For instance I made a pot of home made veggie soup tonight. .

• pbjsand
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this question. I have no idea how to calulate calories for home made recipes. I have searched the internet for a calorie builder but haven't found one yet. I'll keep checking back here to see if anyone out there knows. There's got to be a way. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon. Hang in there.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Spark has a recipe calculator. After you plug in the ingredients, it gives you a per serving nutritional breakdown. Then just add it into the database here.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • jmureddu
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!

You're welcome! It's a super handy, though it can be time consuming!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you all too! I was just struggling through figuring out my portions calories of the receipe my boyfriend made and then trying to reduce the set amounts in the search menu to fit our calculations...what a pain. It will be a lot easier with the websites you mentioned.:happy:
  • pbjsand
    Options
    Yes,

Thank you for the site. I'm going to try it now. Blessings on you for sharing!