Replies

• sjkbball
    sjkbball Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Apparently my last 20 lbs are vanity lbs, I might have to try this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Haha the alcohol thing made me sad also... but sometimes you have to do things that suck to get what you really want

I really want wine with dinner. What is the point of giving it up to lose 10 lbs unless I plan to give it up forever? Those 10 lbs will be there waiting. :drinker:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you work that hard to take them off how easy it would be to get them back when you stop that routine?

Did you notice the bit where she said she'd gained and lost 8 vanity pounds more times than she would like to admit? She tells you how to get rid of those 10 pounds, but she doesn't tell you how to maintain it once you get there (but that seems to be a standing problem with The Biggest Loser franchise).
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you work that hard to take them off how easy it would be to get them back when you stop that routine?

oh, never mind
  • peggypalmeri
    Options
    I'll try her way it;s good as anything else and we'll see. The processed foods may be the battle. Right now I am eating just weight watchers foods and homemade prepared meals. I can't cook and I still live with my folks. I lost 30lbs (180-150) Healthy weight is 135 (outer limit ) for my age and height-52 years old, 5'3" tall. I am trying to fit back into my regular size clothes.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The advice is good if your goal is to lose that last 10 pounds, but if you want to maintain it , that may be another story. If you hit that 10 pound mark and bring back the sodium, the processed food, the glass of wine and slack on the workouts won't the 10 pounds come back?

L