Natural gas remedies?

Options
Does anybody have a natural remedy for gas/bloating? Please?!

Replies

• soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1/2 cup water. :flowerforyou: Hope that helps!
  • soup78
    Options
    Thank you!!! Gonna try it right now. :blushing:
  • soup78
    Options
    2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1/2 cup water. :flowerforyou: Hope that helps!

:sick: Ewwwwe! I got a couple sips down....Are you sure this isn't a science experiment? :noway:
    Thanks, but I can't do that one. :embarassed:

Any other ideas out there?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

:sick: Ewwwwe! I got a couple sips down....Are you sure this isn't a science experiment? :noway:

LOL Darn..you figured it out...I was trying a trick I saw on Mr. Science hehe

Seriously, it's NASTY but only for a few seconds...CHUG IT and you will feel better in no time!

(Warning: Recommender Not responsibe for spontaneous combustion):bigsmile:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's not "natural", but simethicone is gentle enough to be given to infants for gas. You can get it at any drug store. Or if you have liquid Maalox in the house, it has simethicone in it, too. But I hear that you want to go natural...walking always helps to get gas moving. Rub your tummy in a circle, starting at the lower right hipbone, up to your ribs, across your stomach, and then down the left side to the left hipbone. This follows the natural form of your intestine to help "push things along". You could try drinking warm beverages, or heating pads on your tummy. Rocking in a rocking chair can help, as can laying on your left side in the fetal position. (I'm a nurse and these are the suggestions we use for patients after surgery to get gas going) If you have any anise or caraway seeds in the house, you can try chewing on some of those.

Hope it helps! Gas pains can be so uncomfortable!!
  • soup78
    Options

LOL Darn..you figured it out...I was trying a trick I saw on Mr. Science hehe

Seriously, it's NASTY but only for a few seconds...CHUG IT and you will feel better in no time!

(Warning: Recommender Not responsibe for spontaneous combustion):bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That little sip has caused some BIG effects already! :sick:

Okay, gonna give it another go.......:sick:
  • soup78
    Options
    It's not "natural", but simethicone is gentle enough to be given to infants for gas. You can get it at any drug store. Or if you have liquid Maalox in the house, it has simethicone in it, too. But I hear that you want to go natural...walking always helps to get gas moving. Rub your tummy in a circle, starting at the lower right hipbone, up to your ribs, across your stomach, and then down the left side to the left hipbone. This follows the natural form of your intestine to help "push things along". You could try drinking warm beverages, or heating pads on your tummy. Rocking in a rocking chair can help, as can laying on your left side in the fetal position. (I'm a nurse and these are the suggestions we use for patients after surgery to get gas going) If you have any anise or caraway seeds in the house, you can try chewing on some of those.

I'm a rubbin'm and a walkin'! thank you!
  • soup78
    Options

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about this, but I think that once it's to your intestines, anything that you put in your stomach is too far behind to catch up. At least that has been my experience. I like Beano for prevention. These are also supposed to help:

fennel seed
    anise
    chamomile
    coriander
    caraway

I think you take them before/during or right after eating the culprit foods. Yogi tea has some good teas for this - I think one that's made for "digestion" or is called "Stomach Ease" helps - but again, only right around the time that you are eating.

Baking soda + vinegar... wow, I would think that would just make gas worse! All the little bubbles it makes...
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options

I'm a rubbin'm and a walkin'! thank you!

You're welcome!! Hope it works for you! :smile:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew a remedy to help you, but I must bump this thread, and note that your profile pic is tremendously fallic to me for some reason:laugh: Dont know if you meant it to be, but i started laughing as soon as I saw that banana:glasses:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I wish I knew a remedy to help you, but I must bump this thread, and note that your profile pic is tremendously fallic to me for some reason:laugh: Dont know if you meant it to be, but i started laughing as soon as I saw that banana:glasses:

And I thought I was the only person with the dirty mind! :blushing:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    hope you feel better-ToOt TOoT!!
  • soup78
    Options

I'm promoting healthy eating.......:happy:

But thanks for noticing my pic! :blushing: