Book: Skinny *****

Options
Whats Your Feelings On That Book?

My feelings are ....that ....that book is a little overboard
its trying to tell you to be skinny/healthy you have to be vegan or vegatarian
which we know isnt true...

but i do eat all organic and natural foods
for milk we drink soy organic rice milk
and not meats. unless its like fake meat...
but i dont like that....that book trys to push their views on you

idk...what are your feelings?

Replies

• TheHottestMama
    Options

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Wow...it's written by two models/former models.

And their credentials are....what?

I don't even have to read it to know it's garbage if two non-certified, vulgar, random women who probably couldn't even describe half the body's systems. Give me a book by someone who's gotten a proper education in dietetics and I'll spend my time reading that. This might as well be a work of fiction.

I get really frustrated when stuff like that is touted as anything more than tabloid...books written by people who don't understand the human body have no place in the industry. :grumble:
  • charlie1173
    Options
    Even though I'm a guy... I think that book is great.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have seen it-the title turned me right off. Your assessment makes me think that my orginal assessemnt-not worth picking up to read the back-was not off the mark.

Thanks for the review
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have seen it-the title turned me right off. Your assessment makes me think that my orginal assessemnt-not worth picking up to read the back-was not off the mark.

Thanks for the review

Well I can't really call it a 'review' since I didn't bother reading it LOL.

That's like reading an algebra text book written by your next-door neighbor who's a greeter at Walmart.

I think the title is silly too. I want to be neither a ***** nor skinny.
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    It's just a couple of animal rights activists trying to take advantage of people's need to lose weight to promote their cause. (not that it's a bad thing...)
  • shahrazad990
    Options
    i think that while the concept is good, the list of ingredients is impractical. i understand that all of the foods are supposed to be organic or whatnot but that food is expensive and you can eat healthy without having to shop at a health food store (although i do love my whole foods market:laugh: )
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Oh too funny!! I actually grabbed that from the library not long ago....and took it right back not long after that. I found it rather demeaning but did see some humor in parts...I think they thought if they went that route...we'd all open up our ears to what they had to say. It may just work for some folks...it's not my style though.

I too found it pushy...and found the title to be very fitting,:laugh: :grumble: there were somethings I found helpful but came across quite by accident...I'm a page flipper and sometimes get a book and flip around to see what I learn like that.

I don't want to come down too hard on them if someone is a fan...but it just wasn't where my head was at...I don't need someone preaching to me or putting me down...I'm much more of an upbeat person and make changes that way. :happy:

I definetly love to eat healthy & whole some as much as possible and as close to nature as possible but find other books and articles and threads on here more to my liking.:happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

oh I like this...someone that enjoyed it....mind sharing what you found helpful or enjoyable, really I'm serious..and curious? :happy:

While I did find some humor....I found some crap too.:laugh: :laugh: :grumble:

Hey...this is an open discussion right?

But my crap might not be someone else's....so please don't take office...especially if the 2 Skinny
    B%tches are members of MFP!!:blushing: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

oh I like this...someone that enjoyed it....mind sharing what you found helpful or enjoyable, really I'm serious..and curious? :happy:

While I did find some humor....I found some crap too.:laugh: :laugh: :grumble:

Hey...this is an open discussion right?

But my crap might not be someone else's....so please don't take office...especially if the 2 Skinny
    B%tches are members of MFP!!:blushing: :laugh: :laugh:

OOPS office = offense tonight...apparently....dang I soo wish there was a spellchecker on here. I get typing so fast and my mind moves even quicker so it gives me typos galour. see?!:blushing:
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    i liked it to a certain extent!
    lol