Anyone know????

Options
I'm doing work on my car today (replacing my brakes and rotors). Does anyone know if there is a category in the exercise database that this would fit under? It's a LOT of hard work when you have no pneumatic tools and are doing all the work by hand. Thanks. :)

Replies

• artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is anything for that but yesterday I worked on my car detailing it for about an hour and a half, lots of scrubbing and vaccuming and hand washing so I just charted 45 mins of vigorous cleaning....who know if it was right or not but I dont ever eat back my workout cals anyway. Good luck!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    You maybe able to put it under 'cleaning - heavy, vigorous effort' or 'strength training' ? or a combination. I know it's not really cleaning but if you think of heavy cleaning like fast hoovering or maybe under 'moving heavy boxes'? Depends how heavy the things are there you are moving. I'd combine a few different things because it's likely you've used lots of different muscles :)
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You could consider it calisthenics: Push-ups, sit-ups, etc. 'cause I know that a lot of the pushing and pulling you have to do w/that work is a lot like those exercises! Or you can actually wear an HRM (if you have one) and make up your own category once you know how many calories you actually burned doing it. Good luck on the car repairs!!:)
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    Thank you. The work is being put off for a few more days and I'll probably just put it under moving furniture since it's more like that than cleaning.