Zumba question......

Options
I'm sure this has been asked a lot of times, but I just started trying out Zumba and was looking for some help please!!! :smile: I have done both the Cardio Party and the 20 minute express dvd's. I was sweating a ton, I was so surprised that I was that tired!! Wow!! Anyhow, does anyone know how much calories the 20 minute express dvd burns?? It's challenging, so I thought it would be a decent amount...... any ideas on how Zumba burns calories and how much??? Thank You!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories burned depends on how hard you worked out, your age, height and weight. Before I got a heart rate monitor (HRM) I set my Zumba exercises to 400 calories per hour (I'd rather under estimate vs over). Then I got HRM and some days I can do 500 cals/hr and others 300/hr.

My best suggestion is to get a HRM and then you will have the exact numbers.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    When I do Zumba or any cardio workout. I wear a pedometer and it tells me how many calories I burned.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i personally have always put 10 calories per minute. i work really hard, but it has been said before, it depends on lots of things, but just to be on the safe side.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm sure this has been asked a lot of times, but I just started trying out Zumba and was looking for some help please!!! :smile: I have done both the Cardio Party and the 20 minute express dvd's. I was sweating a ton, I was so surprised that I was that tired!! Wow!! Anyhow, does anyone know how much calories the 20 minute express dvd burns?? It's challenging, so I thought it would be a decent amount...... any ideas on how Zumba burns calories and how much??? Thank You!! :flowerforyou:

For me it varies. I have the same Zumba DVD's that you do. One day I can burn up to 317 calories doing the 20 minute DVD and burn 260 the next. It is a decent amount, but I would suggest getting an HRM or a pedometer
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you!!! I work pretty hard at it..... no short cuts!!! I just put it in as High Impact Aerobics for now. I was really tired afterwards, wow!!! :noway: