which marathon or half are U training for?

Options

Replies

• c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have my first half marathon tomorrow night! It's not your typical one though, as it's a midnight power walk for a breast cancer charity. This course runs through the city of Edinburgh (Scotland), and there should be about 10,000 women and men power walking in their decorated bras (this year's theme is Moulin Rouge, so I've gone for a pink tartan corsetty style). I'm hoping that, barring incident, I should finish in under 3 1/2 hours, but considering I've never done anything like this before I'll probably just be happy to finish!

Have a great time. :flowerforyou: Are you from Scotland? My mother in law just died from a four year battle with breast cancer. :cry:
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    I just did the Flying Pig 26.2 on May 1, 2011... I'm training (maintaining) for a Women's ony half marathon in Indianapolis this Sept... then whatever strikes me this fall. Indy has lots of great races every fall... if you're in this neck-o-the-woods, check out the Indianapolis Marathon/half marathon or the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon & half!! :) Happy Running!
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon (Well I'm only doing a HALF lol).. It sounded the funnest out of all the ones I looked at near me. It will be my first time doing anything like this, so I'm super excited

I'm seriously thinking about doing the Vegas Rock N Roll half as well. I have a sister who runs marathons and she has decided I must do this one. I run 5ks now, so I think in 6 months, I should be ready. See you there???????
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I ran my first marathon last month: Hawaii North Shore Marathon. And I will be training in a couple month to run the Honolulu Marathon in December.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first half on May 29th in Calgary, AB, Canada! Next, I am doing the Dinosaur Valley Half Marathon in Drumheller, AB. It runs through the badlands so it should be hilly and INSANE! I love it!

My first full marathon will be the Calgary one in 2012!
  • c2sky
    Options
    I ran my first marathon last month: Hawaii North Shore Marathon. And I will be training in a couple month to run the Honolulu Marathon in December.

Hawaii, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....love it. Only been one time, in 2009. Went to Oahu, saw the north shore. How lovely and warm!
  • Jdigaetano
    Jdigaetano Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My 4th marathon is in just over a week. (1, 2 and 3 were all last year.) Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN. Hopefully I won't look a day over 40 (I'll be 40 two days before the race.)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I just got done with a full(my 1st) in mid-may. RIght now I am deciding what/if I will run this fall. If I dont run a full I will probably still run a half. I'm also eyeing up a 25K (15.5 mi) trail race near the end of July. Akron & Erie are my possible marathons.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im training for the London Royal Parks half marathon in october, but im also toying with the idea of doing "run to the beat" in september, but want someone to do it with
  • c2sky
    Options
    I just got done with a full(my 1st) in mid-may. RIght now I am deciding what/if I will run this fall. If I dont run a full I will probably still run a half. I'm also eyeing up a 25K (15.5 mi) trail race near the end of July. Akron & Erie are my possible marathons.

You are pretty fast for having just done your first. Akron and Erie, Ohio, right? I lived in Cincinnati and Sandusky.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ive been training for my second half marathon and its TOMORROW! Its the Dirty Half in Bend OR. I did the second dirty half last October, there will be another one this October haven't yet decided if Im doing that one too, probably though. The trail race courses here are very hilly and I ran on it once or part of it so I happen to know there are some big hills BUT there is some downhill and lots of turns and winding parts as its also a bike trail:) Im excited and nervous... but I was told to have faith in my training, trust that I can do it, lets get this done! :) Good luck all of you in your endeavors:)
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    PS I was just in Newport OR last weekend when they had the marathon!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have Savannah full Rock and Roll in Nov, Big Surr full in May 2012. Also have my eye on a 50 miler and a for sure 30 miler in the winter. Coming down to money. time and health on that 50...
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have my first half marathon tomorrow night! It's not your typical one though, as it's a midnight power walk for a breast cancer charity. This course runs through the city of Edinburgh (Scotland), and there should be about 10,000 women and men power walking in their decorated bras (this year's theme is Moulin Rouge, so I've gone for a pink tartan corsetty style). I'm hoping that, barring incident, I should finish in under 3 1/2 hours, but considering I've never done anything like this before I'll probably just be happy to finish!

Have a great time. :flowerforyou: Are you from Scotland? My mother in law just died from a four year battle with breast cancer. :cry:

I did it! 13.1 miles in 3 hours and 10 minutes! Had a chance to talk with a girl who normally runs marathons, but was walking this one (because running is grounds for disqualification). She said the walking is much easier on her joints, but it's sooo much harder walking the full marathon, because it takes sooooo long. A real endurance test. Walk or run, I have to say I have completely gained a new respect for you lot who do full marathons.

C2sky, your mother-in-law and your family was in my thoughts during our moment of silence at the beginning of the walk, and again when I was walking mile 10 (the longest I've ever walked) and really needed a reminder of why I was out there!
  • c2sky
    Options
    Thanks again for thinking of Millie, and congratulations.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm training for the philadelphia rock and roll marathon on sept 18th! i'm very excited for it :) i feel totally ready and it's 3 months away! i'm gonna exceed the mileage for it long before it comes. i'm starting marathon training very soon.
  • lovelabs25
    lovelabs25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon was the Nike Women's in SF in Oct 2009. Still in shock that I did it! Now after two broken ankles and a cross country move, I'm finally training for the Rock N Roll Savannah in November.
  • Bentrain
    Bentrain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    training for a 1/2 in Sept as part of the Ironman 70.3 in Augusta.
  • coronalime
    Options
    training for a 1/2 in Sept as part of the Ironman 70.3 in Augusta.

I am doing that one too!
  • coronalime
    Options
    My first half marathon was the Nike Women's in SF in Oct 2009. Still in shock that I did it! Now after two broken ankles and a cross country move, I'm finally training for the Rock N Roll Savannah in November.

I am doing Savannah!