A bag of cat food

Options
I started this weight loss journey at the heaviest I have ever been 256 lbs. I am currently down 21 lbs. I was trying to put that into perspective for my daughter. As we were walking in the store the other day, we were in the pet isle, and I realized that I had lost an entire 20 lb. bag of Cat (dog) food. I pointed that out to her, and since she is in charge of feeding the animals it really hit home. She then asked me how long it would take to lose an entire 40Lb bag of Dog food. I just giggled at her and told her when I was done, I would hopefully have lost three 40lb bags of dog food. :) I was pretty proud of myself.

Replies

• NaturalBellaFace
    NaturalBellaFace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good job. Cute story.
  • Kalbright79
    Options
    Very Nice Job!!! :smokin:
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What a great way to show someone the loss!! I may have to use that one on my husband!! LOL

Seriously though, how awesome for you!! @-->
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest... I was at 262... I'm not just under 217... 45 pounds... that's one of the huge weight plates at the gym!!! WOW!!! :)
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What a great way to evaluate weight loss! Congratulations and good luck losing the dog food bags ;)
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    One of my friends told me the same thing when I lost 20 pounds! Makes you REALLY look at what you've accomplished! I also sometimes would get down because I would struggle to lose just FIVE more....and when I did....I thought about a bag of sugar....and how that was on my belly! : )
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest... I was at 262... I'm not just under 217... 45 pounds... that's one of the huge weight plates at the gym!!! WOW!!! :)

not = NOW ( I hate typos! )
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    yea it's amazing how that works.I've lost 16 pounds. When I was actively bowling in 3 leagues, tournaments, and subbing in other leagues, I used a 16 pound ball. My wife and I together have lost 29 pounds and our youngest daughter weighs 32 pounds. It is interesting to compare to real objects.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Great story - and great job. Keep it up! :smile:
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love this story!! Way to go!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Loved your story! What a great way to explain it to my kids. Thanks!
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    this is cute! good work :]
  • Blnd_Ambitions
    Options
    Aww <3. Congrats on your progress! Keep up the good work.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    What a great way to describe it! I'll never look at a bag of sugar, cat food or dog food the same way again...
  • ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!