weekends are the worst...

Options
So last weekend i did TERRIBLE! it was my first weekend since starting MFP and i blew it! I went to stay at a girlfriend's place to have girls weekend and we certainly had girls weekend. We had late night pizza and everything. So this weekend my goal is to do better. perhaps not have that extra cookie that's sitting on the counter or go for an even longer walk than i do during the week. did i meantion that this week has been terrible for exercise too? it's the second week and this whole calorie counting and exercising thing has lost its luster...hopefully if i make it through the weekend alright, i'll have more motivation next week.

Anyone else have more trouble during the weekends?

Replies

• KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough, I always give myself one day to eat whatever I want and reward myself...but it is definitely hard to not let that spread to the entire weekend.

Just remember its never too late to get back on track. All it takes is one day of smart eating and exercise and I bet you'll be feeling a lot more motivated. You are worth it!!!
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Weekends can be bad for me, depending on what goes on... I mean last Sunday, my boyfriend's parents decided to show up and we usually go out to dinner when they do. We went to Applebee's... I know I could've chosen better on the menu, but I was craving a burger really bad. My whole meal, plus dessert (it was free, so why not haha) was over 2,000 calories alone. But, somehow I still managed to lose a pound the next day LOL.

Don't feel so bad. Everyone has their off days, it happens. :) Just get right back on it the next day. I'm on my second week, too, but it's just something you got to stick with and get used to. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too. I spend most of them with my boyfriend and he loves goingout to eat.. I just try to make the best choices I can and do really well the rest of the week. We do make sure to work out together every weekend so I'm sure that helps.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    How honestly committed are you to losing weight? I don't say that to be negative, but until you decide you REALLY WANT to commit to this new life changing style it won't happen. I am saying this because I have experienced this more times than I can count. You CAN do it IF you want to. Good luck. The first few days are always the hardest.:wink:
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yea, weekends are definitely rough for me. Usually an extra beer or two. Some not as healthy food, etc... It's definitely something I need to work on.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    yes, weekends mean visiting family, eating there and not knowing what i am eating. I had ice cream cake, ribs and pasta salad last weekend. Also ate out at Wendys and went tot he movies and had popcorn. I still counted what i could but what i changed was instead of hanging out inside the house we went in the yard and played Frisbee and badminton for 2 hours. it was so much fun and i ended up burning over 400 calories and that made up for the extra calories i consumed. This weekend i am hoping to do the same. I have to go to a part y that i know there will be cake. :S I might have a small piece but i think i might be nice and bring some fruit platter there so i can snack on that just in case there is all bad stuff.
  • Ellenv
    Ellenv Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi - have a great weekend!!! Keep logging your meals, its the only real way to tell what's going on; it makes me think twice knowing i have put it down. You can do it! You'll see results faster and feel great about it.