plz help

Options
i am taking a 1200 cal diet. but everyday when i log off i see i am taking more of carbs and bvery less proteins. i take mostly fruits and veggies. how do i improve my protein intake. (even if i eat chicken it still does not come to the recommended 44 gms) plz help

Replies

• nuttyrubs
    Options
    i am taking a 1200 cal diet. but everyday when i log off i see i am taking more of carbs and bvery less proteins. i take mostly fruits and veggies. how do i improve my protein intake. (even if i eat chicken it still does not come to the recommended 44 gms) plz help
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    How about peanut butter or eggs?
  • harleydiva
    Options
    Try a protein shake with low carbs
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my protein always goes over. I like beans, cheese, dairy products, meat, fish.

I know 1200 cals is 1200 cals, but with the allotted protein it is a much easier day. I never feel hungry.

I have a lowfat mozzerella stick with my apple

or cottage cheese with my peach

or banana with my smuckers organic peanut butter

I hope this helps a bit, your such a sweety.

:flowerforyou:
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    chick peas have lots of fiber and protien too
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I always go over my protein. I don't know how really, but I do. Then I feel like crap.
    I have started eating more veggies and less meat and added the special k bars and yoplait yogurt.

Now I've noticed I am right at my cals and/or under and I feel better.
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    thankyou guys for all the help.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    nuts are a good source of protein.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    beans are killer they pack a huge nutritional punch for little calories
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    44 grams...wow....I'm trying to get in 150 grams of protein a day....:noway:

I just started drinking two protein shakes a day. 110 calories 2 carbs and 22 grams of protein. Just a thought!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I just started drinking two protein shakes a day. 110 calories 2 carbs and 22 grams of protein. Just a thought!

Yes, I think the general consensus is that MFP estimates your protein pretty low...so I never worry if I go over on protein...and most days I do...I read somewhere that you should be eating 1 g of protein every day for each pound of your goal weight...so I should be eating 150 g of protein every day...I don't usually hit that but I am working toward it...
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Yes, I think the general consensus is that MFP estimates your protein pretty low...so I never worry if I go over on protein...and most days I do...I read somewhere that you should be eating 1 g of protein every day for each pound of your goal weight...so I should be eating 150 g of protein every day...I don't usually hit that but I am working toward it...

150!! OMG I get about 70 now. If I took in 150 I don't think I would ever be able to poop:bigsmile:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    LOL That's why I track fiber too!! :laugh:

I'm not up to 150 grams yet...but I'm working on it. And eventually I'd like to get in 35-40grams of fiber a day....but I'm just starting this journey (again) so I'm just trying to keep under my calories and under my carbs. Those are my main goals at this moment. :)