Need to get HEALTHY!!!

Options
I'm a 43 year old homeschool mom and I've been overweight for all of my adult life and the pounds are taking a toll on my health. I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes last year, and by the time I started medication to control it, I was already showing signs of Kidney Failure. I also have the high blood pressure, and aching joints to go with it. I've been looking for an easy way to keep track of food and exercise and this is the best site I've found by far. I have LOTS of weight to lose so you'll be seeing me around here a lot in the months to come. My favorite exercise is water-anything. I LOVE being in the water and that's where you'll find me all summer long. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

Replies

• Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your healthy lifestyle. =D
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! This is a great site with super people. I too, have High BP, Type 2 and I have high triglycerides - the trifecta! Anyway, if you need encouragement it's here! Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like.
  • osmoticferocity
    Options
    Hey! I'm just starting on here too and it looks really promising so far!

I have a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. It's really important for me, you, and blmarvin to get healthy and stay that way. Swimming is great exercise and I may start doing that myself. I injured my left leg last year and now jogging and even prolonged walking are painful and potentially injurious. I've been using the stationary bike and elliptical per my PT's instructions.

Good luck! Let's get healthy!