Zumba Exhilarate DVDs

Options
I recently purchased this DVD set and LOVE it! Are there other MFP people out there who own this collection? What are your thoughts? Would anyone be interested in starting a group discussing your experiences, motivating each other, etc?

I only used the Step by Step DVD once. I was already pretty familiar with the moves because I own the Zumba for Wii.
The Activate DVD is pretty good. Nice burn, but I think it's not quite as intense. More of a "beginner" DVD.
The Mix DVD was awesome. I really liked the different styles from around the world. (Yay Bollywood!)
The Exhilarate was great. Thoroughly soaked after this one. (And the live party DVD is supposed to be the same moves, just a live setting at a huge arena with thousands of people doing the workout at the same time.)
The Rush DVD is only 20 minutes, but it was a fast-paced 20 minutes. Quick moves that burn a lot in a small timeframe.
I have not done the Ripped one yet (the one that uses the toning sticks and has the Sentao chair workout as well). I may do that one today.

Overall, I think it was a great investment. All of my muscles feel like they're being used and I sweat a lot while doing it. And it's FUN! (IMHO)

Any other ZUMBA Exhilarate users out there???

Replies

• TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't have Exhilarate (tho I really really want it). I have the Zumba Fitness DVD set they had before Exhilarate, and I LOVE it...
  • BusyMomma2012
    BusyMomma2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about buy them. But how do you add it to your workout???
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    I was told by a couple other users to add it has High Impact Aerobics. Until I get a HRM, I'm using that as my best guestimate.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am excited to see this post. I was debating on what I wanted for my birthday and finally on mother's day asked for these. Then it got really busy after I got them so your descriptions are great to see. I will be starting to use these any day now. I have a class on Fridays and really love it. I would be up for a group to compare notes and motivate. I will post again when I do try them.
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    @Takura: I wasn't sure which set to get, but decided on the newer one because it got better reviews on the "production value." Good to know that the older set is really good too. Maybe I'll get that down the road to add additional variety.

@Keri: Let us know how it turns out and what you think!
  • KeriA
    Options
    There's a Zumba banner ad at the top of my screen just now!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pricing these out now ... I <3 my original Zumba DVDs but you can only do the same routine so many times before it's old.

Still worth it, Exhilarate folks?
  • KeriA
    Options
    OK I am bumping this because I thought I lost it for awhile.