Secrets to trick a scale?

Options
Anyone know of any secrets that can trick a scale? I am currently involved in a "Biggest Loser" contest at work. The final weigh in is on June 20th. This contect began in May and the winnings are based on percentage of weight lost and not actual pounds. I began at 208 and am down to 202 with the help of a healthy, balanced diet and exercise. I have refused any and all crash diet theories and plans because I did not join this contest to drop tons of weight fast, because I know that isn't a healthy approach and I refuse to do harm to my body to win a couple hundred dollars, however, are there any "tricks" I can do the week before, or the day of to appear lighter than I am. The guys at work are all trying to do a detox the weekend before to flush out their system the night before. I refuse to take any kind of laxatives or diet pills, but is there anything else that I can do to prepare for this? I only need to shed about 5 pounds before then to win this thing, and I dont want water weight to hold me back! Thanks!!

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Keep sodium very, very low. Drink TONS of water the days before and then pee, pee, pee. Don't drink or eat anything the day of weigh in (before you weigh in that is).
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would just stick to your diet and exercise, maybe even get a little stricter. You have enough time to lose 5 lbs if you stay committed!
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wear your lightest clothing even and no jewelry.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes, stick to your diet and exercise. Drink tons of water, use the bathroom right before the weigh-in and on the day of the weigh-in, don't eat or drink until after the weigh-in if you can help it. Good luck!!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    All of the above. You definitely have time to lose 5 more lbs. The only issue is, as we've all seen, on any given day, your body might be retaining more water than another. Can you suggest that they do the weigh-in on 3 consecutive days and then average out the weight? There are days when I wake up 4lbs ligher than the day before after 4 or 5 days without losing an ounce.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Squeezing lemon into your water a few days before is a natural diuretic too.
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bit extreme - but if you have time the day of weighing - donate a pint of blood! - good for the community and it will also take care of a couple of pounds but only for about 24hrs.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My husband used to coach wresling and when the kids had to drop a couple pounds before to make weight he would have them go to the batheroo, drink lots of water and if you have access to a sauna you can sit in it for a few before the weigh in to sweat some of the water out. Congrats on the new healthy lifestyle and Good luck I hope you win!!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, less sodium. On the day of the weigh in, no soda, and no food (until after your weigh in).
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When i wrestled in high school and had to lose about about five pounds the night before weight in. Fill up your bath tube water add two bags of epsom salt and two bottles of rubbing alchohol. Sit in the tub for 45 minutes. After 15 minutes or so you'll start sweeting out the water. Just becarefull and don't stay in the tub longer than 45 minutes, becuase you will dehydrate yourself. GOOD LUCK!
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bit extreme - but if you have time the day of weighing - donate a pint of blood! - good for the community and it will also take care of a couple of pounds but only for about 24hrs.

Ohhh - good one! :drinker:
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    Keep sodium very, very low. Drink TONS of water the days before and then pee, pee, pee. Don't drink or eat anything the day of weigh in (before you weigh in that is).
    exactly what I was thinking. And keep sodium very low for at least 4 to 5 days before... water weight fom salt can hang around for up to a week is what my doctor told me!Good luck!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

Woah! That is pretty extreme! But I LIKE IT! :D Actually sounds like a great idea. Why not donate a bit of blood in the first place? And if you just so happen to be a little lighter on the weigh-in day, well then... Added benefit, I guess, right?! Lol. And, if you're hair is long... Go ahead a chop a few inches off to give to Locks of Love!

Watching your sodium intake, stepping up the exercise a bit, and drinking more water are definitely good to do... Even after you win this contest!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

The problem with this is that the Red Cross prefers that you eat & drink before donating, and preferably after, which would negate the weight of the blood (1 pint = 16 oz. water = 1 lb.). Plus, by the next day, your body regenerates most of the blood volume that you lost anyway.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    An enema will help also if you are the kind of person that has a bit of constipation. I have seen a documentary where they explained that overweight peoples can have as much as 30 pounds of fecal matters in their intestines!!! They showed us the scan.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Is this post for real? :noway:
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bunch-of-Big-Balloons-55536.jpg
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    w114140931.jpg
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Cut off an arm?
    I've heard of these contests before. I thought that if I ever entered one, I'd drink a gallon of water ( about 7 pounds) before the first weigh in.
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    An enema will help also if you are the kind of person that has a bit of constipation. I have seen a documentary where they explained that overweight peoples can have as much as 30 pounds of fecal matters in their intestines!!! They showed us the scan.
    This is true! Even if you aren't really constipated you could probably drop a few pounds from this! If you don't want to do it yourself you could go get colonics done... but it would probably cost as much as you would be winning. An enema is just a few dollars at the drug store