How do you log meals after midnight?

Options
This question is for anyone who has experienced this situation. Last night I got home very late after my two soccer games. By the time I showered, settled down a bit, got the kid situated and in bed and was ready to think about dinner it was after midnight. So I ate and right away I logged my nutrition into MFP and I realized it was counting for today instead of yesterday because it was after midnight and technically it was Friday!

I know I have the ability to relog the food in as Thursday, but what do you guys do? It seems strange to log nutrition in for the next day when I'm still working on today! :)

Any input or ideas on this subkect would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If it's before I go to sleep for the night, I log it on the previous day. If it's after I go to sleep & wake up early, I log it as breakfast the next day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    I log anything I ate before bed as that day's food.

It doesn't really matter, though.

I believe you are concerned about the "When you're finished logging all foods and exercise for this day, click here: Complete This Entry" statement at the bottom of your diary?

You don't have to use that feature. There are only two things that button does:
    1.) Gives you the little popup that says "If every day were like today" and
    2.) Posts to your news feed. (It will only post ONE time - the first time you click it)

So it really doesn't matter when you add it. I just figure "before bed" - which is often 1:00 AM.

I never click that. Ever.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good question. I was wondering that myself!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If it's before I've gone to bed then I count it for today.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    .....oh, and I meant to say - I think you have to click it before midnight, for it to post to your news feed. But no great loss, IMO.

Cool guys, thanks for the quick responses. I will log it in for yesterday and keep that in mind from now on.
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Anything eaten before I go to bed, gets logged for that day. (So, if its after midnight, I just sent my diary back one day)!