What's your pets nickname

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
So I have a Tweenie Dachshund named Dexter, and I realized I call him by every other name other than that one. He is Bug, Buggins, Frodo Buggins and sexy dexy. What are your pets nicknames??

Replies

• jillerin457
    Options
    We do this too!

My cat Jane was Chini, Kissmiss Chee (don't ask), Quiltine, Poppet, and who knows what else. We've only had our new cat, Bennie, for 2 weeks, but he's already Ben, Baby Ben, Benjamin, Benchermin, Poppet, Benjamin BRATman, etc. No wonder these kitties never come when they're called!
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    my pets name is Troy but I always call him Cositas which means little in english-- he is a t-cup long hair chihuaha
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my dogs name is pumpkin spice- I call her bootsy, spicy kid, bootsy pumpkin, punkykins, punkers, peanut, peanut butter head, pb, and when she is bad she is pumpkin wench.
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    i have a cat named persephone, but she's knocked up at the moment and will be giving birth any day.... because she's so big my bf calls her Fatsy Cline
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    We had a rabbit called Cuddles but her nickname was Nabbler / Nibbles.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My sister's dog is named Sydney, but they call him all kinds of things, Father Time, Poopy (he has incotinence issues) but my fav is definitly squidney, no idea where it came from but it stuck
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a Boston Terrier named Lou and I started calling him my little Boston Baked Bean which then turned into Bean. Of course that spawned many variations like Lou Lou Bean, Lima Bean, Jelly Bean and such. I also call him Love Bug. I sound like I have too much spare time on my hands to spend with my dog huh?? LOL
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My dogs are Stud the pug and Punk the boston terrier... for stud it's Studly Thurston McMuffin, Studzinski (I'm a Pole) bud, buddy, fat@$$, and for punk his names are Punky Brewster, Spunk, Spunkalicious, Punky Brew Crew...etc
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have 4 dogs and each one has a nickname or a few. I was just mentioning this the other day...they have more nicknames than a human! Then again, we treat them like they're our children and spoiled rotten, so why not! lol

Eddie...Eddie-skettie, Eddie-poo
    Gipper...Gippy-goo, Goopy
    Rudy...Rudy-roo, Roowee
    Rockne...Rock, Poot, Poopy, Poopers...I don't know why! lol
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My dog's name is Dempsey but he goes mostly by 'D-money' or 'D-man', occasionally 'Hanny boy' (short for handsome boy), 'Hanny Manny' (handsome man), or when he misbehaves 'd*ck lick'.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I have a min pin named Gizmo, we call gimm Gizzy, Gizzy goo. And also since he does not look like a Gizmo at all ( we adopted him at age 5) we decided that he looks more like Steve Buscemi, so we call hime Steve as well
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Boxer named Milo I call Mr Mi (long i, sounds like my) the fiance calls him Mi, Pie, Mr. Moo etc.

Her dad calls him fat @ss (which is accurate)
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    My maltese is named Dexter too! His nickname is Little Dude
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    Our dog's name is Luna.

I call her many things.... Luna Loo, Lunatic, Loodles, Roo Roo, pupper, and many other names that are probably embarrassing to her.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I do the same. My dog's name is Casper, we call him Mister Mister or Old Man. He is 15 years old hence the Old Man name. My cats are Dori and Anastasia. Dori is called Dori Wori and Anastasia is called Ana Banana. Why do we do these things??? lol
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have 3 mutts (one of which pictured) respected names are Neska, Jenna, and Samson but call them Pig, little pig, and pork chop (larges to smallest).
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This thread made me smile!!!

We have a cat named Fonzie (I was told she was a he when I got her)... We call her "papoutte", the Fonze (when she's all cool n stuff), Madame, Football (a certain way she lays - she looks like one), and sometimes Tyra (when she sprawls out like a model)...
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have two cats named Shotts and Dykehead (after a world famous Scottish pipe band) they are twins from the same litter, one is a mackerel tabby and the other a tuxedo. Shotts gets called Shotts or Shooter; Dykehead is a bit slow and usually gets called Doo Doo :happy:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i have 7 cats and 2 dogs, but the ones that have the most names are tippy, a dog, we call him, mr. tippy, rat(hes a rat terrier), hubby calls him dinosaur head(dont ask), dik dik(he looks like that animal to a tee), and several others i cant remember. then we have marcos(we adopted him at 10 and he was in a farm machinery accident so he has half a back leg and the other back leg is 1/4) and we dont even call him that. we have called him smokey(hes gray and looks just like our cat that passed away)plp, pete, and hubby calls him peg leg pete, thats where the other names come from. theres roscoe(rocco docco) hazel doesnt have one, hank is hank a dank, onyx is old lady(shes 14), hickers is hick a ma roo, pinky is pinkerton, eek is eek the cat and goofball, half the time i dont remember their actual names when i go to the vet:laugh:

oh and hickers is also called einstein, because he is the most loving cat ever, but he is very stupid and he has that glazed over look when he looks at you when he has that deer in headlights look, but hubby named him that but he is the sweetest cat. tippy is also called dumb@ss
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    My cat's name is Scruddle, but we call him Buggy B or Doodley Doo:laugh: :laugh: