If......

Options
gec1266
gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
If you have a Perkins Restaurant near you,please try the Border Grilled Chicken Omelette (calorie counter)...It is the business!!! 410 calories/7 grams of fat/39 grams of protein...chicken/green peppers/onions/tangy southwestern salsa....only 2 changes that I made...no to the sour cream and I used egg whites instead of egg beaters. Pair that with whole wheat toast (no butter) and a fruit cup of cantelope/honey dew/grapes and an iced tea (unsweetened).....a delicious way to start the day indeed!!!

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    ooo YUM! I don't have one near me, but there is one right by my moms house! I'll have to drag the family there when we go visit in 2 weeks. :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Is that American?
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Is that American?
    Ya...we have loads of them in Orlando. In fact, one of Tigerrrrr Woods girls was a waitress at a Perkins...lol.
  • purrteetea
    purrteetea Posts: 24
    Options
    i never heard of that restaurant but it sure does soud tasty !:smile:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy...I believe we have a Perkins around here somewhere....
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you have a Perkins Restaurant near you,please try the Border Grilled Chicken Omelette (calorie counter)...It is the business!!! 410 calories/7 grams of fat/39 grams of protein...chicken/green peppers/onions/tangy southwestern salsa....only 2 changes that I made...no to the sour cream and I used egg whites instead of egg beaters. Pair that with whole wheat toast (no butter) and a fruit cup of cantelope/honey dew/grapes and an iced tea (unsweetened).....a delicious way to start the day indeed!!!
    Sounds like the breakfast I made. I realized I was hitting my favorite dinner a bit too frequently so I took a red potato and boiled it halfway done. Then cut it up into cubes. I heated a non stick pan with olive oil and added onion to that and let the edges just begin to caramelize. I then added the potato to the onion and topped with fresh spinach and almond pepper jack cheese until the cheese starts to melt and the spinach starts to wilt. Topped that with 2 whole eggs beaten and let that cook. I paired it with a fresh peach. I think my whole meal came to 492 calories and was delish!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Is that American?
    Ya...we have loads of them in Orlando. In fact, one of Tigerrrrr Woods girls was a waitress at a Perkins...lol.
    We have them up North as well.