Half Way to Goal Weight, Pictures -35 Pounds!!

Options
Much to my own surprise, I find myself halfway to my goal weight.

I say I am "surprised" because some days... (and you all know the SOME DAYS I am talking about, the kind of days when all you freaking want is for the fat to be gone so so bad and it feels like time is on stand still like a brick wall keeping you from your goals) ... I felt like I was never going to make it anywhere!

It was those dark days when I thought to myself, "SELF - this is going to take F O R E V E R, I might as well give up and have Ben and Jerry's and stare at my over-sized thighs while I sit on the couch and watch COPS to try and feel better about myself and my sad existence because I am NEVER going to be able to do this!!"

But then, INSTEAD of giving in to the pull of ice cream and lame TV and a bad attitude, I just kept plugging along, logging calories, working out, running, smiling, keeping my chin up, and low and behold here I am! (Despite slow days, and wanting instant results) I have lost 35 out of the 70 pounds I want to lose!!

Here are some pictures of my from this January, right before I started MFP.

439.jpg

583.jpg

641.jpg

Here are some pictures of me from this month, almost 5 months into my lifestyle change. :)

027.jpg

040.jpg

054.jpg

Thank thank thank you to everyone on this website for an amazing community of caring people who always keep me going when I am having a COPS kinda day :)

I can't wait to post more pictures when I have lost the rest!

Peace and Love, LW :)

Replies

• starlytt
    starlytt Posts: 5
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep up the good work!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Congrats! You've done an awesome job! Keep up the good work. Lookign forward to seeing the end result!!!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    congrats!! we have about the same goals so i'm excited to see that someone else did it in the same timeframe i'm giving myself !!! any tips?
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep it going
  • MeliF
    MeliF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome! I can really see a difference in your face! :smile:
  • Ghoulina
    Ghoulina Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat! only Im ten pounds from my halfway goal!!!!! I cant wait to see the 170's and I just hit the 180's!
    Keep up the great work!
    My weakness is chips....anything salty..
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    1CALIJIBARO2 Posts: 132
    Options
    SUPER JOB.....U look FANTASTIC..............YEAH.....A NU PERSON............
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous anyway, but hey, wow, what a change :D I'm proud of you and you should be even prouder :) Go, you!! :) x
  • leelee243
    leelee243 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! WAY TO BE INCREDIBLE! I am totally having a "wall" day with an urge to watch Real Housewives and eat cookies. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • Maripoza28
    Maripoza28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow!!! You are doing an awesome job!! congrats!!
  • LindaWarner17
    LindaWarner17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat out a lot less than I used to, and I eat a lot more fruits and veggies. When I feel like a need a big meal, but don't have a lot of calories left, I make soup from scratch :) It is really low cal and fills you up. I work out a lot, which helps keep the plateauing at a minimum. I eat back my exercise calories. Mmm and mostly I just take it one day at a time as much as possible so I stay relaxed. Good luck on your goals!! You can do it!
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You look beautiful!
  • tamsgenie2003
    tamsgenie2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I'm having one of those awful days were I feel like giving up on my goals and after reading your post I'm gonna get off my butt and keep pushing myself! Thank you for sharing your story and pics, gave me the boost I needed today. : )
  • Elle70
    Elle70 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job!
  • mrharper68
    mrharper68 Posts: 10
    Options
    Remember you are not on a diet. You are learning to eat properly.
    Give in to your cravings in moderation.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Great job, you can really see the weight loss in your face. WTG!!!!
  • Ksamprasa
    Ksamprasa Posts: 24
    Options
    Congratulations! That's so encouraging!!
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    You are so beautiful! Congrats!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat! only Im ten pounds from my halfway goal!!!!! I cant wait to see the 170's and I just hit the 180's!
    Keep up the great work!
    My weakness is chips....anything salty..
    MMM SALT! I put it on EVERYTHING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!