Enough is Enough

Options
Hello, I am new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself I am Tressie (fatgottago) and I just found this wonderful site!!! I am so excited that I found it and it is FREE YEAH. I need a lot of encouragement and I would love to join a team, or just a group of friends. I have A LOT of weight to lose but I am only losing 10 at a time!!!!!!!!!! I have to do this for my kids, they are soooo embarrassed of thier Mom being overweight, and I hate that for them. It was hard for me to finally realize that I was embarrassing....... but I can do it!!!!!

Replies

• fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself I am Tressie (fatgottago) and I just found this wonderful site!!! I am so excited that I found it and it is FREE YEAH. I need a lot of encouragement and I would love to join a team, or just a group of friends. I have A LOT of weight to lose but I am only losing 10 at a time!!!!!!!!!! I have to do this for my kids, they are soooo embarrassed of thier Mom being overweight, and I hate that for them. It was hard for me to finally realize that I was embarrassing....... but I can do it!!!!!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome Tressie!!!!

This is a great site!! If you get a chance, take a peek at the threads at the top of the General Discusion board. There are some great links to help you get yur new life started!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a good start! :smile:

Good luck to you with your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site can be a great help
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Great attitude girlie! You can do it! :glasses:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    I have to do this for my kids, they are soooo embarrassed of thier Mom being overweight, and I hate that for them. It was hard for me to finally realize that I was embarrassing....... but I can do it!!!!!

Welcome!! This is a fabulous site and you will find tons of support!

When I saw what you typed above about your children...that hits home to me as well. I have a 4yr old and I remember when I was in school how mean kids could be and I dont want MY size to be a reason she is picked on, especially when I can control it and do something about it!! Plus, I want to be a healthy role model for her and not use the excuse of "fat genes" in the family!
  • vickster82
    Options
    welcome! glad you joined and we're here to support you!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Excited to see you here! WELCOME! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!

I am living proof that a lot of weight CAN be lost with just exercise and eating healthy (and less! lol).

You can do this!! :flowerforyou:

-Tami
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOO!! Glad to meet cha! :flowerforyou:

I am like you. When I started I couldnt even THINK about 50 pounds to lose. How can you live in a body and not know you are 50 pounds overweight? How could I have gone into the obese realm and be oblivious.

So I put in 10 pounds at first. It was a good first goal. Then 20 and then I had to change it to goal weight of 135!! YEah it works. Eat less, exercise more and come here for good old fashion smiles and info.

Good luck to you, your doing it right!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    HI I just joined the biddest loser chalange over in the motivation area and they are great -- I weight in for the first time tomorrow! They let me join up late! We could be the newbies together! P.S. I have alot of weight to go too and keeping it ten at a time sounds so doable - is that even a word doable??/:laugh: :laugh: So anyway welcome to mfp and I know you will do great cuz if I can success here anyone can!:tongue:
  • fatgottago
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the encourgment, I realize now that I am not alone................I am going to check it out!!!
  • fatgottago
    Options
    how do you add the sign in your posts?
  • fatgottago
    Options
    I figured it out!
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Tressie, Welcome
    You just did the best thing you possibly could for your journey. I started this site about a week ago, and It has helped so much, I am addicted. It is so helpful to plan out your day and see where you fall with calories, and the like. It is so rewarding to fill in those good days, and those temptations aren't so bad, if you think about havign to add them in. :flowerforyou:
    You hang in here, the people on this site are so supportive and the tools are the best!
    Keep up the hardwork and you will be there before you know it. :drinker:

93399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • fatgottago
    Options
    Wow you have lost 7 pounds already! THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! I have not been this excited in such a long time....I think my mind is finally made up that I am going to do this.....WE are doing it!!! FUN FUN FUN