Major 'Butter Meltdown'...

Options
It's just sooooo hard! I find that every time I do research on exercises, find new yummy recipes, get totally motivated to workout, SOMETHING always happens, or I'm too exhausted to do anything, or WORSE, I get sick! It is becoming such a hassle to find the time to workout or go grocery shopping for the healthy food- that I'm losing the willpower. :o( You know what makes it worse... is that if I don't stick to a low-cal diet, or exercise every day, there is always someone out there that will beat you down about it! NEVERMIND the rest of the things I'm doing like purging my cupboards of all the "evil" tempting food, or parking farther away from my destination so I need to walk, or take the stairs instead of the elevator. I know I'm trying, but I'm not seeing results so therefor I must be doing something wrong! BLAH!
Okay- pitty party is done! Look out! I'm going to go find "sexy" and bring her back!

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Believe me we have all been where you are! You CAN do this, dont compare yourself to others do one step at a time that feels right to you!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and remember this is a journey. It's okay if you don't have all your ducks in a row right out of the gate. The important thing is that you are working for a better you today. Not tomorrow or some time in the future, right now you are making changes. This is fantastic. Take it one step at a time. It sounds like you're trying to change everything all at once right this second. Throw out the scale for a while. Pick one thing to change this week. Once you get comfortable with that change, pick another one and work it in. Start working out by going on little walks and just breathing in the goodness of it all. Go down paths or streets you haven't walked down before. Swap out a candy bar for an apple or a soda for some low sugar tea. Just little things can make big long term differences. And the best thing about them, is these small changes will stick far better than a radical overnight overhaul. It's okay if you're not slim in three weeks, and it's okay if you're not eating clean all at once. Baby steps are still steps.

Good luck!
  • blackpearlgrl
    blackpearlgrl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your situation. It will pass. The one thing that helps me is to keep it simple. Simplicity helps to ground me. If I exercise I do what I can at my level then I tell myself next time I will do better. For food I keep it simple portion wise. I will eat a meal that is good once in a while to reward myself and that keeps me going. The key is to keep journaling and exercising. Nothing in life is perfect. Don't punish yourself. We all go through what your experiencing. Good luck and keep on going. Your worth it!:happy:
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Persistence pays. Keep at it.

If you find yourself getting sick when making healthy changes, you may want to try easing into the changes slowly to give your body a chance to adapt.