drinks

_Jessica_
_Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
So...I am looking for something tasty to drink when I go out that is kinda of on the Diabetic friendly list... I CANNOT have carbination (no beer, pop, spritzer) and I am trying to keep low sugar... any ideas?

Replies

• haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    chrystal light
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    I like MiO as well as Crystal Light
    It is a liquid - and I keep a container in my pocket pretty much all the time - if I'm out - I order a water and then add my MiO and poof I've got a Tea or Fruit Punch that has no sugar and 0 calories to boot :)

I love the stuff :)
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    +1 with the MIO additive!
  • gdlauth
    gdlauth Posts: 3 Member
    Absolutely on the MIO!! My wife and I drink up to 120 oz of water a day and MIO is what we use exclusively! lasts a long time as just a small squirt goes a long way and it tastes great! Strawberry/Watermelon is my favorite and My wife's is Peach/Mango.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    I prefer Mi0 to crystal light (im a texture person and grainy water doesnt do it for me.. now if I can mix it ahead of time Ill do crystal light)
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    I think the OP is talking about drinks that contain a little alcohol! :)
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    I just bought some Lipton diet lemon iced tea and it tastes like chemicals, so I would avoid that one.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    if you're speaking of beverages of the adult variety... they may seem boring, but they do the trick...

vodka and water... a little lemon, a little lime... you've got yourself a tasty drink.
    scotch and water... very common in my family with the old man folk

other than that, if you're out, keeping it low cal/low sugar/no carbonation is kinda hard. you're limited to what the bar/restaurant has in stock... but no matter what, there's always water!
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    If you are looking for alcoholic beverage options, I find a website that I think is called "get drunk not fat" or something like it and it has several listed of lower calorie options. If your thinking of regular stuff, I like Crystal Light and MIO too.
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Are you talking adult beverages? Not sure how diabetic friendly but as far as calorie and general sugar content the clear liquors tend to be better. you have to keep in mind that sugar is key to alcohol creation so they will all be a bit high. The trick is what you mix it with.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    You can always take some MiO or crystal light and add some vodka or rum :)
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Yes! MiO is GREAT! My favorite right now is the Strawberry Watermelon with a bit of cherry vodka. Delish and low cal. If you're going to a bar or restaurant, see what kind of flavored vodkas they have, order it with water, and then go to town with your fav MiO!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    If you are looking for alcoholic beverage options, I find a website that I think is called "get drunk not fat" or something like it and it has several listed of lower calorie options. If your thinking of regular stuff, I like Crystal Light and MIO too.
    what is MIO??
    Thanks!
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    MIO is a liquid water enhancer available just about anywhere. It has zero calories and you just add a few squirts to your water to give it some flavor without the extra calories.
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    I have always been interested in the Mio. I guess I am going to have to try it with all the good hype you guys are giving it. What are your favorite flavors? Do they have some kind of lemonade flavor as well?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    We're all interpreting this differently, but I was thinking you meant at a restaurant or such. My first answer: water. Cheap, no carbs, not carbonated, and good for you. My second thought would be ice tea, no sugar (or with sugar substitute).

If you're talking adult beverages, keep in mind that alcohol will mess with blood sugar levels. I have a couple of friends who are diabetic, and they have been advised to avoid hard liquors and only drink beer/wine/coolers in extreme moderation.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    I have always been interested in the Mio. I guess I am going to have to try it with all the good hype you guys are giving it. What are your favorite flavors? Do they have some kind of lemonade flavor as well?
    What is MIO??

ohh ok I just looked up and saw the answer thanks!
This discussion has been closed.