Exercise vs. Food

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I workout a ton and do not consume nearly enough calories for the amount I burn off... I am still not losing weight - primarily in the belly. What am I doing wrong? Isn't the formula more calories burned than consumed? And when I do eat more I just get fat. what's wrong here?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    I workout a ton and do not consume nearly enough calories for the amount I burn off... I am still not losing weight - primarily in the belly. What am I doing wrong? Isn't the formula more calories burned than consumed? And when I do eat more I just get fat. what's wrong here?
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    you should read the post for newbies-I saw it yesteday in the "general discussion."

If you aren't consuming enough calories to compensate for the amount you are burning and MFP has already selected out for you, then you could be starving yourself. You body wants to be healthy, and it will get (and hold on to) what you give it in an attempt to get the nutrients it needs to keep you alive.

Maybe you should read that post and deceide if you really need to exercise as much as you do or think you do.

Good Luck
  • Here it is:

Forum: Food and Nutrition

Topic: For those confused or questioning "Eating your exercise calories"

This was EXTREMELY helpful information! you really should read it, as it answers your question really well!
This discussion has been closed.