Eat Clean Diet

Options
Anyone tried the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno? Her plan seems so sensible and so doable as well as really realistic to keep up for life. I just bought her book off Amazon and can't wait to read it. Anyone have any success with this eat clean lifestyle?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible. I have no idea who Tosca Reno is but I don't think you need a book to tell you how to eat clean. You just cut out all the processed junk, and eat all natural foods. I don't really consider it a diet. I'm only saying this because I don't think you need to waste your money on a book! I wish you the best of luck and hope you give clean eating a try, not just for weight loss but for overall health, because your body will love you for it!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a book is a great starting point. Especially if it has recipes in it. Eating clean can be daunting at first for someone who usually eats processed/packaged foods.
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am and have been since Nov and I have lost 50lb!!! I love the book but I have to be honest...I didn't buy the book until a month ago. I found a special Oxygen magazine with three weeks of the meals plans and did it! Then I went to cleaneatingmag.com for free meal plans and shopping list! If you have any questions feel free to ask me :)
  • stephiebabe44
    stephiebabe44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is also a magazine called Clean Eating which is really good. They have great recipes with all nutritional information and all made with natural foods. There is also a cookbook with the magazines best recipes which is sold at Chapters.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I love her books! I haven't tried it her way, but her recipes are delish!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Although I no longer eat grains and other starchy carbs, it was this book that led me to my current lifestyle of eating.
    Cutting out processed food was the best thing I ever did for myself eating-wise.
    What I liked about it was that it wasn't a "diet". Tosca herself doesn't like calling it a diet but it's that word that sells books.
    If you google her name, you'll find her blog and lots of info on this eating plan.

I think you'll really like it and find it very easy to stick with.
    I was 270 when I started her program and lost 45 pounds in just over 3 months using the principles in her book.
    The only reason I don't follow it anymore is because I've found that starchy carbs don't sit well with me anymore and also lead to binges. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably still be eating them.

Best of Luck to you and I hope you find success with this program!

The Clean Eating and Oxygen magazines are put out by her husband Robert Kennedy.
    She's Canadian btw. :happy:
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i am a diabetic and would love to know what you eat!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I get fairly clean anyhow but really interested to see her take on it, I know that the success stories on her website are very inspirational, and I love that it is not a diet or calorie counting program!