Smoothies!

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
I'm posting this so just to remind everybody about a lower calorie great snack idea - smoothies!! I just made a great smoothie! Strawberries were on special at the grocery store so I have lots of them. I used:
-a tray of ice
-ten strawberries
-one banana
-one spoonful of Stonyfield yogurt
- a splash of 100% grape juice

I calculated it out to be about 200 calories and it made a huge cup that two people could easily split and that way the calories could be lessened even more! I'm addicted to smoothies now!

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    You could also add Psyllium to it for Fibre as well as spinach leaves for protein as well!
  • racenews
    racenews Posts: 13
    Options
    That beats the heck out of the medium Wild Berry Smoothie with 260 calories I had at McDonald's yesterday!
  • CASue13
    CASue13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love those McDonald's Smoothies. The banana/strawberry is 250!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Add a little cold milled flax seed or whole chia seeds to increase your Omega 3s (which help regulate hormones and naturally aid your digestion and metabolism).
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Another great mix is 1 cup of vanilla yogurt (either greek or regular), 1 banana, and 5 strawberries...

I should figure out the calorie info for this...I've made this several times...

and my 14-month-old niece LOVES this!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My current favourite ...

Chocolate-Cherry-Coconut smoothie

unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    frozen cherries
    coconut milk + a wee drop of coconut extract
    splenda
  • missruiz11
    missruiz11 Posts: 32
    Options
    Looove smoothies. I make one thats around 230 cal, 2% low fat milk, 1 banana, vanilla yogurt, ice and a squirt of honey..very good! Or use the same recipe and add any fruit, omit honey if you like :tongue:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yum I love all of your ideas everybody!