Favorite eating out options and restaurants

Options
I have gotten really good at preparing my own meals, but still struggle on portions and choices when I go out.

Do you all have favorite restaurants or menu items that you pick from when you have to eat out?

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have gotten really good at preparing my own meals, but still struggle on portions and choices when I go out.

Do you all have favorite restaurants or menu items that you pick from when you have to eat out?
  • suzitto
    Options
    Applebees is good, I ove the onion soup on the WW menu.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Chili's has a portion of their menu for healthier options where they list the calories/fats/carbs, etc. Those dishes are all quite good.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    No matter where you go or what you get, always get a "to go" box and put half of what you order in to that box. Keeps you from pigging out!

:flowerforyou:

O, and looking at the calories before going out will give you a better idea of what to avoid.
  • artnoren
    Options
    Outback. Go to their website, outback.com, and plan your meal before you go.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    :bigsmile: we only eat out about twice a month. so when i go to eat out, i eat!!!! i don't go overboard, but i'm going to eat what's on my plate!
  • suzitto
    Options
    Oh yeah!

Qdoba has an awesome tortilla soup and taco combo thats super low cal, you can check it out on their website, you can build your meal on there too!
  • MADI150
    Options
    HELLO EVERYBODY!!!:drinker:

IF YOU CAN NOT FIND GOOD MENU CHIOCES, TRY TO ORDER OFF THE CHILDREN'S MENU IF YOU CAN IT WILL HELP OUT A LOT:laugh: ....WHEN I AM AT WORK I GET SUBWAYS WHEN I EAT OUT HEAVY I GO FOR ITALIAN FOOD NOT THE BEST CHOICE BUT I STOP EATING AS SOON AS I GET FULL
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Boston pizza has a healthy part to their menu as well. I had the shrimp skewers with fresh greens the other day and it was good and satisfying.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have become addicted to steamed lobster. Went to Glouster Ma this summer and loved them.

I could afford it if my son and DH would eat a turkey burger!!!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    No matter where you go or what you get, always get a "to go" box and put half of what you order in to that box. Keeps you from pigging out!

I agree with this! I tried it the other day, and you will be surprised! Usually, you just eat everything because it's sitting in front of you. If you take half of it away, you will find that you actually really aren't still hungry.

Also - have a glass of water and a salad before the meal has always seemed to work for sister when it comes to portions. She's a slim 130 pounds!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Applebees have this awesome WW onion soup and with their WW garlic herb chicken it is amazing!!!!! I eat the soup and half the chicken, potatoes and broccoli and take the rest home for a later meal. So yummy.

Also you can go to>
    http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/site/
    And it'll give you a lot of info.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Applebee's salads - although they aren't listed as the calories on the menu, from what I gather online the Santa Fe Chicken Salad (MY FAVORITE) is about 650 for the full-size. So yummy... I always just watch myself the rest of the day, and then eat the full size. It feels like a treat, but it's still a healthy choice.