Hi! I'm new to MFP and feeling well...

tuffie565
tuffie565 Posts: 22
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I'm new to MFP (as of today) and feeling a little excited and every nervous and overwhelmed. A friend told me about this site and she has done wonderful and I need to lose about 40-50 pounds so I figured what can I lose and signed up. I want to do this to be healthy and be able to live a very long and healthy life. If anyone has any helpful hints or tips I would love them!! Thanks to everyone!!

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Feel free to add me if you want!
  • krichins
    krichins Posts: 2
    Good Luck , I know you can do it.
  • My best advice to you is stick with it, don't stop checking into the site in a week or two because you think you can calculate calories on your own. This site keeps you honest with yourself. Good Luck!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!! You will find motivation, support and accountability here. Feel free to add me.
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Welcome!

Remember to think of this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. Log in every day, drink the water, and do your best. If you slip, get right back up on that wagon and keep on going. I can't remember when I last felt this healthy! And I started slow with the exercise, thanks to my blood pressure challenges at the beginning--walking 15 minutes a day is all. I've lost over 30 lbs (almost 14 kg), and it's just been amazing!

You can do this, we're all here for you!!!
  • cinmoore
    cinmoore Posts: 4
    I love this site for the ease of access and usefulness. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is think about logging for the day. I am not always the healthiest eater but I eat healthier than I ever have before. I love logging the excercises to see how many calories I've burned. Finally, I am motivated by the success of my fellow MFP friends. I think we are all onto a wonderful thing!
This discussion has been closed.