New to MFP

Options
I am in the process of trying to get back into shape. I have been in shape during two different periods in my life. I've been as high as 460 and as low as 205 (as in my profile pic). I am planning for the third and last time of being in shape. I have already lost 37 pounds, but have stalled recently. I found out about this site through a friend of my wife and we both ended up trying it. I believe this will be a good tool, both because it makes it so much easier to be aware of how many calories your taking in and because I believe it will give me a sense of accountability. Looking for some new friends to help out on the second part.

Whether or not you decide to friend me, I give anybody who is in the process of losing weight. I know it is not easy process. I wish you the best.

Replies

• jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! I love mine so far and I think it is making a difference this time. I feel like I am finally getting it pinned down and correcting the issue this time. Gotta really want to do it or it will not work.

BTW: I am not that far from you..live just outside of Jackson! Send me a request and I will help you the best I can!
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome & Good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to the both of you. I have been here for almost a year and love it. It is a great tool. Just make sure you educate yourself on nutrition and stick with it. Slow and steady and you will be able to stick with it forever. It's all about portion control. Don't give up the things you love just have them less often and make sure they fit in your goals.