Anyone tried skin firming therapies?

Options
I have a very saggy wrinkly belly - and it's going to get worse as I lose more weight! I had twins and my stomach was HUGE (if I'm ever feeling particularly brave I may post a photo), add to that I have a lack of collagen generally due to suffering a genetic condition which also causes loose joints, the future doesn't look bright for my stomach! My husband has said that if I want to I could get a tummy tuck (for my sake not his I hasten to add!), but I know this can be very harsh and take a long time to recover from and I don't know if I want it THAT badly! I've seen on the internet talk of other non-invasive therapies to firm up loose skin - involving infra-red heat etc. etc. Has anyone tried any of them and have they worked for you? Thanks!

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I would kill for plastic surgery!
    Not a belly tuck..
    But my legs are in the same situation as you belly..
    And i also have disabilites which make my joints loose and my body tissue weak and saggy. (Also leaving me with a rather cheery heart condition)..
    But if i ever had the money, or if someone offered to pay for me to get plastic surgery i wouldnt hesitate to say yes.
    Id be like YES!! Can we do it now please?!

IF it is going to make you happy and you can afford it go for it!
    Youl be so much more confident, and just remember if you had a tummy tuck you could wear a bikini!
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    I thought I heard once about a program that hospitals were involved in where they would remove the excess skin from you for free in order to keep the stock pile high for burn victims. I know I heard something about this a few years ago. That was my plan...lose all my weight and then find the hospital that participated in that.
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    curious about this myself. i don't know how i will look once i get to my goal weight but if i do have a lot of extra skin my husband also told me i could get one if i want to. but thats a pretty invasive procedure and i'd like to know some other alternatives that actually work. until i get to my goal i'm starting to slather my body with pure shea butter and cocoa butter in hopes of it helping me out.
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    bump?
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try googling Smart Lipo Triplex or Ulthera. I think there are variations of both depending on what you need. There's been alot of success in Europe, but there are many places in the US that are now doing it also. I don't know a lot, but I think the one is a laser that they use that helps to tighten the skin. The other is ultrasound or something like that.
  • beachbum13
    beachbum13 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try the skin tightening laser treatments those are amazing. I am thinking of getting it on my neck.