do diet pills work?

Options
Hi everyone,

like many desperate women, I have dallied with different diet pills in the past and I'm still not sure if any of them really work. Recently I saw a new product on promotion on kgbdeals (http://2ea5ad0a-9354-11e0-8677-0024e8696030.kgbdeals.co.uk/?id=27177) called Tylathin. I've used Alli before and it sounds like this one does the same sort of thing. Out of all the ones I've tried I think Alli at least felt like it was doing the most.

Has anyone actually tried Tylathin? I'd be interested to hear some unbiased opinions on it before splashing out.

Also, if anyone else has got some success stories for other diet pills - please let me hear em too! I want to know if it's all just a big con!

Thanks! x

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    "Myfitnesspal" works. You don't need diet pills.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you stick with MFP and exercise you will lose! You can do this without pills, give it a shot!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    save your money, if they truly worked then EVERYONE would use them.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Many diet pills work including phentermine, alli, etc but the second you stop taking them you put back on all the weight you lost and then some usually. Example, phentermine, adderal and similar amphetimines make you lose your appetite but then your body is in starvation mode so when you get off of them your hunger returns and you gain a bunch of weight back. Also it is really hard on your heart, i mean it is from the same drug class as speed and cocaine. Alli blocks your body's absorption of fat but when you get off of it your body will hold onto that fat since fat IS a necessary, despite all the low-fat craze, it's the good fats you need. So when you get off alli your body will hold onto the any fat you put in your system. The best bet, as annoyingly slow as the process is, is to eat right, work out. I do take 5 hr energys on occassion if I'm dragging and lacking motivation to work out but caffeine is the worst drug i'll dabble with these days.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone here... use MFP and you will succeed. I've tried many diet pills in my youth and the weight just comes back in two-fold after I stopped using them. This is the first thing that has ever worked for me.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    to play devils advocate (especially since so many on here think diet pills are the devil LOL) I take oxy elit pro, and they WORK little price but well worth it.
    from sept to dec i lost over 40 pounds with them and watching what i eat. found this site, started eating by their numbers, stopped taking them, stopped losing. went by advise on this site (you are not eating enought eat more) gained 4 pounds.

Three days ago went back to what worked , including the oxy elite pro. I have lost 5 pounds.

sorry i am sticking with my oxyelite

oh and they give good energy
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    Hi FairyMiss,

nice to have a different opinion to read - might give your ones a go then!

x
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I will admit that I caved and tried the Bob Harper ones. I haven't been eating much lately so I'm not really losing weight at the moment. But they did give me great energy. Not so much that I couldn't sleep but definitely helped me have energy to get my work out in. So I may try them again when I'm feeling better and eating like I should.
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments, I guess I'm just getting frustrated that I'm not losing any weight at the moment. I will try to stick to just using MFP, and using it properly and cutting down the booze. I'm gonna really try for the rest of this month, and if no result's, I might weaken and try another lot of diet pills :/

x
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I take pills. fish oil and multivitamin. besides that? regular excercise, eating cleanly as possible (i.e. avoiding processed stuff, fast food, etc etc) consistency, patience.
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tryed san tight extreme?
  • southweststan
    Options
    Wether diet pills work or not I don't know but I would speak with your doctor before taking them. My mum tried them and she suffered from a really rapid heart beat and palpitations soon after taking them and was close to calling an ambulance out.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The ones that work are either a)low doses of speed or b)" fat blockers" like Alli complete with the er, nasty side effects if you eat the wring thing. Be kind to your body, do it the old fashioned way. MFP is a pretty supportive place and your health is worth it.
  • milaxx
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments, I guess I'm just getting frustrated that I'm not losing any weight at the moment. I will try to stick to just using MFP, and using it properly and cutting down the booze. I'm gonna really try for the rest of this month, and if no result's, I might weaken and try another lot of diet pills :/

x
    You diary isn't public. What do you usually eat? Do you exercise at all? Try cutting down on processed foods and yes even alcohol. Drink plenty of water and green veg. If you eat meat try for leans cuts.

There are no short cuts to good health.
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    I agree my heart rate did rise, but I got use to it. They did give me more energy and I did lose about 2 stone,but when stopping them my energy started to drop. Then I statred to take them again I found they didn't work like be for, its werid as they had a smell about them when I had my first pot but they don't now.

you hear so much hype on the net about these so called miracle pills...... Does anyone know of such a pill that works??????
  • milaxx
    Options
    The give you energy because of the "speed" in them. Oxyelite seems to have a caffeine as one of it's main components as well. The thing is, if you clean up your diet by eliminating the things that make you sluggish such as processed foods, you feel more energetic anyway. You start working out regularly you feel more energetic as well. The bonus is that you don't risk damaging your heart because you've removed processed foods and started exercising.
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    The give you energy because of the "speed" in them. Oxyelite seems to have a caffeine as one of it's main components as well. The thing is, if you clean up your diet by eliminating the things that make you sluggish such as processed foods, you feel more energetic anyway. You start working out regularly you feel more energetic as well. The bonus is that you don't risk damaging your heart because you've removed processed foods and started exercising.

yh you are right think its time to sort my self out.........I stopped taking them anyway cost way to much money to keep the habit..
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I recently started taking Oxy Elite Pro, and I love it. I'm a huge coffee drinker, so my body is already used to having higher amounts of caffeine. Obviously I've had to cut back on coffee so I don't get too much caffeine, but I have never experienced any sort of negative side effects from taking the pill. I have noticed a HUGE difference in my appetite though. I'm not anywhere near as hungry as I have been in the past. I'm able to eat my daily allowance of calories + workout calories and not be hungry at the end of the day.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have to say that the only diet pill that I have took and worked (besides prescription stuff a few years ago) is the Oxy Elite Pro.

I think they can be helpful, if used the right way.
    As for the people who say you stop taking them and gain all the weight back, that's not true for everyone...
    Mostly for the people who used them as the "solution". Yeah, you take away the thing that was keeping you from wanting to eat and you're going to eat... then not stop and put it back on.

IMHO it's best used as an aid, not a solution.

Use it to help you get to where you can eat less.
    Or use them to help give you energy to work out.

There will always be people who abuse them.
    And there will always be those who can't use them due to being sensitive to the ingredients.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat healthy, eat the food my body needs and exercise! why add something to your body that it does not need, makes no sense to me.