Jillian Michaels--Questions!

Options
I have a few questions about Killian MIchaels DVDs cause I have been seeing some AWESOME results.

1. Is it for men and women?

2. If it is for men too, what DVD should I start out with? I already for to the gym and have almost reached my goal weight (5 more pounds)

3. Can you do 2 at once? For example: Ripped in 30 + 6 pack abs?

Thanks for the info!

Replies

• wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yup it's for anyone and you can do whatever you want :) i sometimes do 6pack abs and 30 day shred. sometimes i just do one of them. sometimes i do 2 levels of the shred. sometimes i do the gym and 6pack abs. honestly you can just do whatever u want to do.

if u go to the gym i would suggest 6pack abs.... i think 30day shred can be too easy for some people who are already fairly fit. and/or it gets boring. but having said that, it still kicked my *kitten* until i got used to it. all her dvds are good for men and women. just have a read of that ones available on amazon or something and see which appeals
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Ive known of guys who do her dvd's and it works for them , so if you're interested. I'd say go for it. And if you have the time in one day to do 2 of her workouts, I also say go for it! Just fair warning, though... she says 'ladies; a lot, so don't let that throw you off or discourage you. ;)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have a couple Jillian DVDs. While there are women demonstrating but I don't see why the workouts wouldn't be good for men as well.

While the ones I have are geared toward sticking to a 30 day structure (I have 30 Day Shred and Shred it with Weights) I am a big proponent in doing a workout schedule that you like and will stick to. I mix up my workouts a lot - the important factor is that you are moving, regardless of which workout it is.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I can answer some of this, but not all.

1) It is very much for men and women. There is no reason a man can't buy (at least for the 30DS) the DVD and do the exercises. However, as it is typically women who buy workout DVDs, it *is* geared to women. She refers to the general audience as 'ladies' every now and again. However, there is no reason to not be able to do the exercises.

2) I started with the 30 Day Shred. I don't have any of the other videos yet, so I'd say starting with 30DS is good. I hear that Ripped in 30 is significantly harder than the 30 Day Shred, so it might be wise to start there, or with the yoga, or the Jillian For Beginners videos.

3) I personally wouldn't do two. But, I burn about 600 calories in 30DS, so doing two would be overkill.

Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but good luck to you, and congratulations on getting this close to your goal!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!! I would say JM's DVDs are definitely for men and women. I would think that you could just adjust the weight for what's right for you. For me, really still new to exercise, I use 3 and 5 pound weights. Which one to start with? I've done 30-Day Shred and now I'm doing Ripped in 30, and they are equally difficult in my opinion, so I guess it just depends on what you're trying to accomplish since those two are total body, and from the name I guess 6 Week 6 Pack is geared more toward working the abs. I don't see why you couldn't do two at once although that sounds like torture to me...lol. But just yesterday I did Ripped in the morning and then an hour of Zumba in the evening.

Good luck!