MFP Book Club - October

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    GIRL YOU ROCK for taking on us all ....this should be fun, heading to the library this afternoon before my wa-wa class:drinker:
    Is it too late for me to join? I'd love to pick out a book one day :smile:

I'll order this book with my next check. I've been thinking about it for a while...a girl in the hospital with me back in Nov was reading it and seemed to enjoy it. :heart:

You're on the list.

And since I'll never have time to email everyone individually, here is the list of members I have currently:
    alifelessevident
    angelajiniel
    bellmom627
    bzymummy
    connieq288
    destiny_206
    dothompson
    ellelit
    Fitness_Chick
    heartshapdworld
    honeybunchthree
    jackeh
    Jackiemal
    Lauryn1981
    LeelaStar
    LokiFae
    kimford28
    kjllose
    MChandler
    MollyK
    MontanaGirl
    newmk08
    pinkpixies
    pmkelly409
    redcoat45
    reet34
    susan62
    tall_t
    tlg314
    Ynot

If you aren't on there and would like to be, send me a private message!
    (Click my name on the left to go to my profile, then click the "Send Message" button from my profile)
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    sounds good, i may not be able to participate this month, have a lot of personal stuff hindering me from getting to do some of the fun things i want, but if i get to read it i will join in the discussion:happy: , and i think stepping out of your normal reading selection is a good way to broaden your mind and tastes, so i'm hoping i get time to read it, plus i know when i get the chance to pick a book alot of people may not normally read it, but i hope everyone participates if they can:smile:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    EDIT:
    I do think the club voting is a great idea, but I know that I don't have time to put it together monthly. It would require (at least, in my mind) sending every member an email, asking for their response within a certain time frame, and then compiling results. Again, great idea but I know I won't be able to handle that task. If a majority of people like that idea, and someone else is willing to take on that task, I'd be glad to institute it for next month. However, I'd need everyone's response that quickly so I can let next month's book selector know I need three choices. SO IF YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR ONE OF THREE SELECTIONS EACH MONTH, SPEAK UP NOW!! :bigsmile:

I agree that the task of agreeing and/or voting on a book would be ardous. I LOVE books, but realistically, there are some I just don't want to read. Marely and Me is one I would NEVER pick-up, because it doesn't fit my personal taste. But that is okay, I don't expect every choice to fit my taste. I am postive we could all chose a book and someone would say this is not for me. And that is okay.

For example, I would choose The Vagabond or Cheri/The Last of Cherie by Sidonie Gabrielle Colette. I know Colette is not for everyone! :laugh: she definatley wasn't for everyone in her own time!!:laugh:

People are free to choose whether to not they want to participate, and one does not need to complain about the selection. Besides, if I understand the "rules" choice of a month's selection will rotate among memebers. It seems quite fair and reasonable. I look forward to discovering next month's selection.

If you are reading a great book, then by all means share in a seperate post! :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Picked up the book from the library on the way to the gym...YAY I'm ready to read! I was a bit confused by all the copyrights as the library had it under a few different names but the pup on front matches mine on my book...so I'm set:laugh:

Have fun all...either reading what you're reading now or joining us this month with Marley and Me ......& Me too!:laugh: :noway: :yawn: :yawn: <~~can ya tell?:laugh: :yawn: :drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    John Grogan was on an episode of the Dog Whisperer. He has a new lab that Caesar worked with. I love that show!

I'd love to join but I have too much physiology reading to do LOL:grumble:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I read chapters one and two last night. I think this is going to be fun.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I read chapters one and two last night. I think this is going to be fun.

Aw crap, I gotta get on the ball and start reading!!

Actually, can I count reading while sitting on a stability ball as exercise? :laugh:
    There's a guy at my gym who READS while he does CRUNCHES! I think that would make me a little sea-sick!:sick:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am in I am always up for something new, the title is not one I would have chosen on my own but I will give anything a page or two and most things 50 pages, if by 50 pages I dont love it though its out. I am glad this is finally going, I will go get the book from the used book store tomorrow or maybe the libray well see. Hope everyone is doing great, Happy Reading.
    Kim
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    BUMP -

Discussion thread will be opened for "Marley & Me" on Sunday, October 5

HAPPY READINGS!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :heart:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If I can get to town to get the book I will. My car is in the shop and has been for a week now so if I dont get hubby to use his dads jeep so I can take his truck I am stuck on the mountain. Hopefully my library has this book. Really small town here.

Connie
  • LowRainRats
    LowRainRats Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the group. I have a feeling this book is going to make me cry but what the heck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    BUMP.

Two more days to read!

Book discussion opens Sunday, October 5 (although you can always join in as you finish the book or even before you finish).
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I want to join. Eventhough the 1st book is about a dog. HISSSSSSSSSS
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I want to join. Eventhough the 1st book is about a dog. HISSSSSSSSSS

That made me LAUGH OUT LOUD.
    I am a cat person myself. Trying to read something outside my normal choice.
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    This is a great idea! I would like to join starting next month--i'm reading two books now. if susan62 sees this she'd probably love this book. she just got a new puppy.
    greenbaum9
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the book club- it's a great first choice for me because I LOVE dogs and saw the guy interviewed that wrote it (I'm also a big dog whisperer fan)
    I agree though that it's good to broaden your horizons so will be open to any book in upcoming months- I already have mine picked out if I get choose the book some month!! (thinking ahead- I always get WAY ahead of myself!)
    Hopefully our little library will have a copy- if not I'll have to buy the bullet and go out and buy it!

Looking forward to the discussions!:smile: