I need support!!

Options
Two years ago I lost 60 lbs...YAY!! i was so happy about it. I felt skinny and prettyI have gained now about 5 lbs since January. I know thats not much, but I feel fat and disgusting. I have no desire to excersice or diet for that matter, I am basically still eating the same, not much red meat, lots of fruit ad veggies, but i have stopped counting calories and working out. I know what works, I succeeded in the past, so why am I so down right now. I want to get back in shape like I was, my middle has become softer....;(
Please offer some sound advice...joining a gym is out of the question, can't afford it...I just need a "Lose Weight Boost"
Do ever just get tired of fighting the fat????

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The first thing you have to realize is, it's a life long battle. With all the temptations we have it's hard not to give in to them once in a while. We have to make the choice of what we are going to put in our bodies. If we need a snack now and then that's ok. In the long run once in a while will not hurt. It is when we give into unhealthy eating on a regular basis. But if you make healthy eating a lifestyle choice it is easier to get back on track. Good luck.
  • FLAWLLESS
    FLAWLLESS Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats on losing 60 lbs that's amazing! I honestly know exactly how you feel. My weight zig-zags all the time. Last summer I lost 35 lbs only to gain 10 of those back this summer. I couldn't stand looking in the mirror. I don't like the gym environment so I just workout with home videos or just walk a lot so maybe you can try doing the same. One thing I do to stay motivated is take pictures of myself of what i look like now and what i looked like when I lost the weight and keep them where I can see them. It motivates me to eat right and exercise.
    You can also try talking to someone with the same goals so you can keep eachtother motivated. I'm sure you'll find many people here on Myfitnesspal with the same issues.
    GOOD LUCK,
  • abbz17
    abbz17 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey Angie,

I totally understand the feeling. Isn't it crazy how 5lbs can make us feel so terrible? Lack of motivation can really get us down. Something I try to do is hate the fat, not myself. Sometimes I have to just step back and look at the reality of my life. I have a ton of people who love me, and my happiness doesn't have to depend on my weight. You can't force motivation to be there but I've learned that working out or eating right even when I don't feel like it always makes me feel better in the end. If you're like me, you feel like your weight gain is a huge failure, and you're going right back where you were. Well, that's not true! You're a LONG way from where you started. Keep your chin up. Set a new goal and achieve it. You know how to do it! Try a new kind of workout. Find something you can enjoy that you may have never done before. You'll get back to where you were. Just remind yourself you've come along way to go back now :)
  • fatfranny
    fatfranny Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All you need is a daily morning walk with your best friend...... When do you want to start?
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    Is Monday too soon???
    All you need is a daily morning walk with your best friend...... When do you want to start?