Water ...

Options
Does anyone else feel that drinking 8 cups of water is like a bad homework assignment? At first I was doing good- drinking two cups at breakfast, lunch, working out, and dinner. But I found that drinking that much at breakfast kills me at work. I teach for the first three periods of the day and I can't last (not even close) So, I went down to 1, 2, 2,2 ... I struggle to get anymore down.

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel that drinking 8 cups of water is like a bad homework assignment? At first I was doing good- drinking two cups at breakfast, lunch, working out, and dinner. But I found that drinking that much at breakfast kills me at work. I teach for the first three periods of the day and I can't last (not even close) So, I went down to 1, 2, 2,2 ... I struggle to get anymore down.
  • tjcarle200
    Options
    The water thing is mostly to keep hunger at bay. Instead of reaching for cake reach for a glass of water. You get most of the water you NEED from your food.
  • newlywedbeth
    Options
    I had a doctor tell me (also a teacher) that I was not drinking enough water. He told me some incredible facts. The water helps make your blood more fluid causing it to flow more easily through the veins, lowering blood pressure and relieving the heart. It lubricates joints, and it definitely fills you up and lowers your appetite. It feeds muscles and acts like an energy drink. He suggested keeping a gallon jug by my desk and slugging it down any time I could. At first, I ran to the bathroom at my prep time like crazy, but later, my body got used to it, and I could wait until the end of the day as I always did. I could really tell a difference in my energy level, too. It was better than coffee. The problem I had was the blank flavor (gag, trying to drink so much all day) so I sometimes added Crystal Light packets or lemon juice. After a while even blank water tasted okay.

Good luck with it. Hope this helps.
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    I read a great book called "thin people don't clean their plates" and it had a ton of great info about drinking water that really motivated me to keep at it! I hate it too:grumble: ! Good luck it really does help you lose the weight:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Drinking water is very important to our bodies.

After reading a report on lack of water causing myriad of problems, including short term memory loss, I did an experiment.

I put 4 bottles of water out each morning. At first it gagged me, took 3 days for me to actually get to drinking the 4 bottles. Once my body had what it needed all along, it CRAVED water. I was drinking 5-7 bottles a day (16 oz). Quit soda altogether.

One of the jobs I preformed was writing checks. You had to read an appraisal, then write the check out. I would have to write the number down, then refer to it 2-3 x as I was filling out the check.

After 2 wks of drinking the correct amount of water, I swear I could read it once, and write the check.

My memory increased by at least 50%! :noway:

I am going to do more research on the subject. I just thought this was interesting.
    GOOD LUCK!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I hate drinking water:grumble: but I love to chew on ice and it makes you colder so your body has to work hard to warm you up - They say it is bad for the teeth but I don't chew those giant cubes out of trays and I wait till it is melting alittle -- It really helps me with my cravings too since I am chewing my body thinks I'm eating and I feel full -- but you still have to pee alot:laugh: Ain't nuthin ya can do bout it!:ohwell: