Water

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
Alright I just don't like drinking water. I know Im suppose to drink and I want to drink more. I have been adding like those sugar free crystal light things to the water but what I want to make sure that this is still good for me. I know plain water is the best but ick. :sick:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Alright I just don't like drinking water. I know Im suppose to drink and I want to drink more. I have been adding like those sugar free crystal light things to the water but what I want to make sure that this is still good for me. I know plain water is the best but ick. :sick:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Once you get into the habit of drinking plain water you will start to crave it over anything that is sweetened.
    I don't like those Crystal Light things because they contain aspartame... which will actually still spike insulin and increase your cravings for sweet things.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    SOMETIMES>......I add 1 splenda and lemon juice.

But I crave my water now. :flowerforyou:

http://www.sissel-online.com/article/water.php
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You have to wean yourself. Add your flavor of choice and gradually reduce how much you put in. For instance, this week use the whole packet, next week reduce it to 3/4, then to 1/2, then to 1/4 and then to just water.

Water for your body does not have to be just water. You get water from fruit and veggies, broth in your soup, milk, caffiene free beverages, sports drinks, juice and even a little bit from carbonated beverages (although there is a link between osteoperosis and carbonated drinks). The reason to limit the other options is added calories.

Also, water is not always the best option. After exercising for an hour or more you should opt for a sports drink or watered down juice to help replenish vitamins and minerals and electrolytes lost from sweating. If you feel dehydrated you should also do this because the water will actually absorb into your system a little quicker.

don't get down on yourself for not liking plain water, as long as you are getting hydrated you are doing great (you can tell by the color of your urine!) :wink:
  • slootmagooter
    Options
    i have kidney stones. so i have to drink a lot of water. i usually get bored so i start adding like 3/4 water with 1/4 oj or cranberry juice or even lemonade. i dillute most of my beverages...besides milk.:drinker:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    You have to wean yourself. Add your flavor of choice and gradually reduce how much you put in. For instance, this week use the whole packet, next week reduce it to 3/4, then to 1/2, then to 1/4 and then to just water.

Water for your body does not have to be just water. You get water from fruit and veggies, broth in your soup, milk, caffiene free beverages, sports drinks, juice and even a little bit from carbonated beverages (although there is a link between osteoperosis and carbonated drinks). The reason to limit the other options is added calories.

Also, water is not always the best option. After exercising for an hour or more you should opt for a sports drink or watered down juice to help replenish vitamins and minerals and electrolytes lost from sweating. If you feel dehydrated you should also do this because the water will actually absorb into your system a little quicker.

don't get down on yourself for not liking plain water, as long as you are getting hydrated you are doing great (you can tell by the color of your urine!) :wink:

My urine is always dark and I drink between 2 and 3 liters a day...I think one of my meds is making it dark or something. :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    SOMETIMES>......I add 1 splenda and lemon juice.

But I crave my water now. :flowerforyou:

http://www.sissel-online.com/article/water.php

Excellent article, thanks so much for sharing the link!!

...I feel quite lucky as I do so love my :drinker: water:drinker: ...and I could drink it day and night..oh wait..I DO!:drinker: :tongue:

Has anyone that struggles with water intake tried a lemon slice in it, or a cumumber slice in it? (yes, I know that sounds a bit strange when you first hear it, but it makes it taste so fresh..it's a unique taste)

The Fitness Center I belong to has a wonderful Spa and I pop in now again to drink the water they have out for any of us Members. The first time I tried some....wow, a nice change. It wasn't one slice per glass, but more of a nice looking glass pitcher with ice, some cuke slices and lemon slices in it.

Something perhaps those that have trouble getting the plain water in might like to try out...the pitcher would only last me a short time so I don't do that:drinker: ...but perhaps as a treat for myself I just might one day. I do have a lovely glass pitcher (really needs to be see through to appreciate the beauty) and I may just do that as a treat for myself.:yawn:

I think anything we can do for ourselves that's different than what we've been doing is a wonderful thing to add to our lives. Food choices included.

The other day I tried Fage Greek Yogurt for the first time. OMG...so good...even the plain I can see how it would work SO well to use in recipes that you want to add a cream base. The texture is kinda trippy but in a very GOOD way.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :drinker: :drinker: wow it's so past my bedtime:yawn:
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    i am taking 3 mugs of tea everyday as i hate to drink plain water. cant it be a substitute
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Found a site stating the importance:- http://www.nutricoach.net/water.html
    You can get it all over internet. All say, WATER is IMPORTANT.
    I am taking 3 mugs of tea everyday as i hate to drink plain water. cant it be a substitute
    Herbal tea is good substitute I guess. But the Indian tea, could be high in calorie.
    I am myself switching to green tea instead of milk tea/coffee.