New and Needy :0)

dpiddy78
dpiddy78 Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I have been at this for a little over week and think I have finally reached that frame of mind where I am here and I am gonna do it b/c this is the longest I have made it in years Yes a week pathetic I know usually before day one is over I have given up but I have decided baby steps and made small changes each day and it seems to be working better rather than setting myself up for failure...I'm at a point where my chances to choose to be healthy are wearing slim...

Anyway the needy piece... I dont have a lot of support at home I live with a house full of overweight people and you can sit and preach and cook for them and buy the right foods but you cant force them to be where you are in their mindset and I have decided that I can not change that and that I might need to stop stressing over what they do or don't do and just worry about me...Lead by example RIGHT?

Any who--- On this site I would like to find friends and fellow weight loss members with some of the same goals as myself and being over 300 pounds my goals are long and hard Someone that might need some support back or someone that is just compassionate and has a minute to listen occasionally.... Soooo if you are looking for a new friend or a fellow supporter I would love for you to friend me...so I can be your friend...I am a great listener and I love meeting new people and making new friends...

If that's not too much to ask please add me =P Have a blessed day!!

Replies

• OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    You can totally do this. Its best to start out with baby steps. If you have the heart to make it through, then you'll succeed no matter what obstacles stand in your way. Good luck!
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Feel free to friend me. I'm blessed with tons of support & would love to pay it forward! good for you for week one! Everyday is a choice!!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Welcome! Stay with us, there's so much support here and we all want you to succeed!! Friend request on the way.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Congrats on taking your 1st step towards your weight loss...
    I will add you as a friend...
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Congrats on starting your journey. I know where you are coming from. I started this journey at 368lbs. I never thought I could do it and the idea of how much I had to do was daunting. Its been 18months and its the best thing I have ever done! Friend request sent.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Congrats on starting your journey. I know where you are coming from. I started this journey at 368lbs. I never thought I could do it and the idea of how much I had to do was daunting. Its been 18months and its the best thing I have ever done! Friend request sent.

Congrats Stephanie!!!
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    <<<<Also new, feel free to add me :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    You can do it babe!! One day at a time :):flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.