stomach fat

Hi! I am currently going to the gym 5 days a week and have seen a difference in my legs and arms but not my stomach! My measurements have not changed in 5 weeks of an exercise plan set up by a trainer. I am almost 50. Are there any other members that are having the same prob and any suggestions????

Replies

• Hi! I am currently going to the gym 5 days a week and have seen a difference in my legs and arms but not my stomach! My measurements have not changed in 5 weeks of an exercise plan set up by a trainer. I am almost 50. Are there any other members that are having the same prob and any suggestions????
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    For me that was the last place I lost. It took about 6 wks and 15 pounds,I'm 47.

Of course you probably are gaining muscle if you are doing crunches. THAT would be awsome! :flowerforyou:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    We all have "trouble" spots where our bodies like to hold onto fat until the last possible moment. If you continue to work it'll eventually leave there, but it's going to be stubborn. Give it a good fight! :D
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    You're not alone with trouble spots:heart: ......mine are my thighs and I have a little bit of a gut too:grumble:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    We lose fat in "sheets", so unfortunately there's no such thing as spot reduction short of liposuction. Keep up with the cardio and healthy eating and you will eventually see results in your problem areas.

Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Considering that you are a mom, the stomach is going to be very difficult to get good results with. I'm assuming that, like tons of moms, you're stuck with the saggy-mom-tummy from your pregnancies. if that's it, the skin won't go away no matter how much you tone the muscles underneath. On the other hand if it IS fat o your tummy, that will go away or lessen over time, just have to be patient. :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for your votes of confidence! I have been very faithful to my diet here and in 4 weeks have only lost 1 1/2 pounds so am discouraged a little
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Keep trying! I have heard that the first (fat) on is the last (fat) off. True in my case. I am still trying to get rid of the remaining junk on my waist/gut. Trainer told me its a combination of loose skin from pregnancy and fat. May or may not come off no matter what due to age ( 51) and genetics. Soem people can easily tighten up while others cant. Dont sweat it too much.