Too much of a good thing?

Options
So far I've ended up only about 50-100 calories low every day, my fat is about 10 grams low, my carbs are about 10-30 grams low and so on, but my protein is about 15-25 grams OVER everyday.
I eat one egg and some kashi golean or oatmeal with grapefruit juice for breakfast, a low carb natural peanut butter or other kind of healthy sandwich for lunch usually (sometimes I have something else), and a healthy well balanced dinner, with light ice cream or a 100 cal pack of popcorn for my evening snack.
Here's my question: am I getting too much protein and is there harm in this?
I don't know what I could really do to lower my protein intake (I have class in the morning and eating an egg with a whole grain is my only way to make it all the way until I can have lunch).

Any help would be great!
Thanks.

Replies

• Cjjhnson11
    Options
    So far I've ended up only about 50-100 calories low every day, my fat is about 10 grams low, my carbs are about 10-30 grams low and so on, but my protein is about 15-25 grams OVER everyday.
    I eat one egg and some kashi golean or oatmeal with grapefruit juice for breakfast, a low carb natural peanut butter or other kind of healthy sandwich for lunch usually (sometimes I have something else), and a healthy well balanced dinner, with light ice cream or a 100 cal pack of popcorn for my evening snack.
    Here's my question: am I getting too much protein and is there harm in this?
    I don't know what I could really do to lower my protein intake (I have class in the morning and eating an egg with a whole grain is my only way to make it all the way until I can have lunch).

Any help would be great!
    Thanks.
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Protien is great for you and I wouldn't worry about getting too much - I drink a protien shake every few days and it has 54 gms all by itself! you need protien to build mucsle and if you are working out you are using up all that extra protien.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    They say that MFP goes alittle TOO low on the protein, so going over by alittle isn't so bad.
    I myself go over most days anywhere from 10 to 25 grams, and I've still been steadily losing since I started. So, I wouldn't worry if I were you.
  • Cjjhnson11
    Options
    Thanks! I do lift weights 2-3 days per week. :D

yeah, I like protein because it is the ONLY thing I can eat that will make me feel full on less calories.
    I'm not out there eating 12 oz ribeye or anything...lol
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I thought the goals were too high on carbs, so I adjusted mine down so I get more protein ... I think I have it set 60% carbs, 25% protein, 35% fat. I make sure my fats come from mostly healthy sources & not saturated/animal fats.

You can adjust these by going to goals, change my goals, and then choose custom. You can set the percentages there.

Hope that helps!
  • Cjjhnson11
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't even know that I could change my percentages...