Weekends are tough!

Options
For me at least....

I'm not beating myself up, but weekends are really tough for me when it comes to eating wisely! It's just so easy to say to myself that 'I've been good all week so......'

Really need to beat the weekend eating demon!

Anyone else struggle at weekends?

Mike

Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do! Just this morning I was thinking how much easier it is to eat right during the week :smile:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love the not working part of weekends, but the lack of structure is just not a good thing for me in terms of eating choices--especially on days like today when my "plan" is just to relax.
    -LP
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My diary always looks not so great on weekends. I don't binge or go over, it's just not as healthy as it is during the week. I'm losing steadily so I'm not too worried about it.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I used to, but then I changed my weigh in date to Monday. That way I behave :)
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Only two things work for me: 1) Stay busy, 2)Weigh Saturday morning and let the success of the week's good choices give you strength.

Good luck, you can do it.
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    Weekends can be tough allright...we should get locked in a empty room until the weekend it's over lol
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Weekends have really been tough for me lately.....graduations this spring and lots of weddings this summer will mean the challenges will continue. In all honesty, I'm hoping more than anything to maintain. Sure, I'd like to weigh about five pounds less than I do, but if I can range between 135-140 this summer, I'll worry about the last five once I'm back working (I'm a teacher), and the weekends aren't as full of fun things this fall.
    Kaye
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had this same thought this morning! I love having my weekends off.. but I have to work really hard at not snacking! I've been doing better because I just don't keep snack food in the house, but the structure during the week really helps me out.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I always go over my 1200 calorie limit on weekends because I don't have exercise calories to fall back on (I only work out Mon.-Fri.). Even so, on Saturday I set 1500 as my limit. As far as Sunday that's my cheat day where I eat what I want, but I still log everything. I'm real strict about staying within my limit Monday through Friday so it all works out in the end for me.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I struggle also. Especially when my fiance is asking for unhealthy things for dinner
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. I snacked my way through lunch today.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I only give myself Friday OR Saturday to eat how ever I want. I think of Sunday as the start of the week and Friday is still a work day....It just depends on if we have people over or not on Friday night. I actually find it hard to meet my Calorie goal with no exercise on the weekend, I think it's because my tummy is still in weekday mode and never really gets out with only one day off. =]
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Weekends are usually tough for me because our finally together. I work day shift, my husband works 2nd shift, our son has summer school M - Th, and we also watch 2 other kids during the week.

I'm the only one that needs to watch my I eat and it's easier to do when my husband isn't around. He eats anything & everything and still loses weight!

I wouldn't give up my weekends and time with us all together but I wish it were easier to eat healthier on the weekends!

Good luck with your weight loss & keep it up!
  • sasilver1
    sasilver1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt that the weekends are a challenge for most. This is true. How do I do it? I think about all the hard work and sweat and burn I went through during the week to lose those pounds. It's all about challenging yourself and what is your real motivation for getting fit in the first place. Sorry but if you don't have a strong enough reason to lose weight, then it's better to just give it up and quit. You have to be motivated to do this. If not, what's the use?
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually do well with breakfast, noon-lunch and afternoon-lunch. But I usually fall apart for dinner (this kind of holds true during the week as well but especially so on weekends). Plus, I tend to go to the movies and I have yet to summon the willpower to pass on the buttered popcorn.
  • hackettkate
    hackettkate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hate movie popcorn SO MUCH. But I do love my own air-popped yumminess.
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, we're a bad influence on each other!