Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Extreme cardio calories burned & afterburn results!!

This morning I decided to work out with Billy Blanks Tae BO Cardio. According to my HRM, my age, and my weight, I burned 533calories this morning doing 40min. I went downSTAIRS to my kitchen and made breakfast(home fries(1red potato&Tbsp evoo),1egg,and 1 bob evans turkey patty). Sat and ate,cleaned kitchen afterwards,came back up STAIRS to take a shower, get dressed and went to run some errands which consist of taking my mother food shopping,listening to her problems about her children:brokenheart: , took her back home, helped her unload her groceries, went to CVS, then Walmart, and now Im back home.So it has been 7hrs 12min since I worked out and according to my HRM i have burned 8297 calories, its not 5:25pm here in Philly. Like WOW!,this is why I keep my HRM on even after I work out,especially when i do H.I.T(high intensity training).Do you see the awesome after effects?! Sometimes I wonder if I should even log those calories in,...BUT!.. I do, especially when I know I earned them from not sitting and doing nothing. I want to see my results of not being that couch potato I used to be or rather just not exercising, coz Ive always stayed on the go, never anytime to myself. Sp I think everyone should own A HRM and keep it running until ur done ur day and see what you have accomplished during ur day.. Enjoy ur weekened!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    That's awesome! I have had thought of keeping it running after my workout LOL that gives so much motivation right there! Great job
  • I doubt that was correct, and if it was your metabolism would drop like mad. If you ate that many calories, do you think it be burned off at the end of the day? The good thing is your post exercise calorie consumprion is nice and high, which is just want you want.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    I dont think HRMs are meant to be worn through out the day and only while working out.. your calories burned when not exercising is already calculated in your BMR.. somebody correct me if Im wrong?? Idk I wouldn't log all 8,000 and some calories to the tracker.. then you would be way below on your net calories. :indifferent:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    oh and I agree... your workout calories burned is great :happy:
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    I doubt that was correct, and if it was your metabolism would drop like mad. If you ate that many calories, do you think it be burned off at the end of the day? The good thing is your post exercise calorie consumprion is nice and high, which is just want you want.

Just curious as to why your metabolism would drop like mad? I dont wear mine after workouts because my heart rate shoots up like crazy when I drive. Wouldnt that be nice to just drive around all day and burn calories! :D Nice calorie burn! WTG!!
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    You need to take off your BMR ie how much you need to exist. I take off 120 calories per hour eg if I burn 500 calories in one hour as per the HRM I take 120 off that and enter 380 nett calories
  • Metabolism, if the dieter is taking in approx 2000kcal and the calorie expeniture is over 8000kcal, your metabolism would drop to save your life, the body wants to conserve energy, turning down T-3 conversion from T-4 thyroid, and drop your body tempature. The only people who burn those kind of calories are professional athletes who train all day long, or navy seals in training.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    does any1 believe in the afterburn of high intensity training?..ive read up on it, for example..do intervals of jogging, then walking for 1min each. i do this for 30min and have a greAT AFTERBURN
  • O I see my mess up I said the metab would drop if you ate 8000kcal,, my bad i meant burned that many.
  • After burn is post exercise calorie consuption, which is especially high after HIIT training, or any metabolic training like tabata.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    HRM aren't made to be worn all day so I wouldn't trust that 8,000 calories. If you want a tool that is made to be worn for 24 hours I suggest getting a bodymedia for more accurate numbers. Thats what I use.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Metabolism, if the dieter is taking in approx 2000kcal and the calorie expeniture is over 8000kcal, your metabolism would drop to save your life, the body wants to conserve energy, turning down T-3 conversion from T-4 thyroid, and drop your body tempature. The only people who burn those kind of calories are professional athletes who train all day long, or navy seals in training.

Ahh... Ok thanks. That makes sense. I know my heart rate jumps just by talking to someone so I couldnt actually count that as a burn. otherwise I would just drive and talk all day. lol sigh I can wish i guess.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    This morning I decided to work out with Billy Blanks Tae BO Cardio. According to my HRM, my age, and my weight, I burned 533calories this morning doing 40min. I went downSTAIRS to my kitchen and made breakfast(home fries(1red potato&Tbsp evoo),1egg,and 1 bob evans turkey patty). Sat and ate,cleaned kitchen afterwards,came back up STAIRS to take a shower, get dressed and went to run some errands which consist of taking my mother food shopping,listening to her problems about her children:brokenheart: , took her back home, helped her unload her groceries, went to CVS, then Walmart, and now Im back home.So it has been 7hrs 12min since I worked out and according to my HRM i have burned 8297 calories, its not 5:25pm here in Philly. Like WOW!,this is why I keep my HRM on even after I work out,especially when i do H.I.T(high intensity training).Do you see the awesome after effects?! Sometimes I wonder if I should even log those calories in,...BUT!.. I do, especially when I know I earned them from not sitting and doing nothing. I want to see my results of not being that couch potato I used to be or rather just not exercising, coz Ive always stayed on the go, never anytime to myself. Sp I think everyone should own A HRM and keep it running until ur done ur day and see what you have accomplished during ur day.. Enjoy ur weekened!:flowerforyou:

The vast body of research done on EPOC (elevated post exercise oxygen consumption--which is the technical term for the "afterburn"), shows that, for submaximal work, it averages about 7% of exercise calories expended.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    I get a great afterburn that I can tell on my body media fit. My average cals per min goes from 2.3 to about 4.5per min for awhile after great HIIT training. That is double my normal burn for a couple of hours. I am thinking that the HRM probably isn't right...
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    They say a competitor burns nearly 10,000 calories doing a full Ironman triathlon. So maybe your number is a tad off. :-)
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    They say a competitor burns nearly 10,000 calories doing a full Ironman triathlon. So maybe your number is a tad off. :-)
    i think so:happy: