Onion rings did me in :(

Options
Tonight my family and I had Red Robin take out for dinner. I researched the menu and nutrition info and I chose a chicken sandwich on a whole grain bun (California Chicken Burger). It usually comes with cheese, mayo, guacamole, garlic parmesan spread, and bacon. I had a bunch of calories left so I asked for it without cheese, mayo, or the garlic parm spread. I could have done without the bacon and guacamole but I had enough calories left to have that. I had fries too, but those were also accounted for in my calories.

All was well and I was proud of myself...until my mom pulled out the onion rings. I only meant to have one, but I ended up having 4 or 5...I just exercised, but I guess I have lost enough weight that workouts that used to burn 400 calories are now only burning 200, and that's frustrating. I know tomorrow is a new day and I WILL get this weight off eventually...it's just been a disappointing evening...I thought I had a foolproof plan not to go over my calories tonight and I still did by about 300. *sigh*

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Tonight my family and I had Red Robin take out for dinner. I researched the menu and nutrition info and I chose a chicken sandwich on a whole grain bun (California Chicken Burger). It usually comes with cheese, mayo, guacamole, garlic parmesan spread, and bacon. I had a bunch of calories left so I asked for it without cheese, mayo, or the garlic parm spread. I could have done without the bacon and guacamole but I had enough calories left to have that. I had fries too, but those were also accounted for in my calories.

All was well and I was proud of myself...until my mom pulled out the onion rings. I only meant to have one, but I ended up having 4 or 5...I just exercised, but I guess I have lost enough weight that workouts that used to burn 400 calories are now only burning 200, and that's frustrating. I know tomorrow is a new day and I WILL get this weight off eventually...it's just been a disappointing evening...I thought I had a foolproof plan not to go over my calories tonight and I still did by about 300. *sigh*
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you need to lose and what MFP has you set at, going over once in awhile can actually stimulate your weight loss. I'm set at 1200 and have had three GOOD binges, meaning like over 1000 cals 3 times in the past 6 weeks total. Believe it or not, I've still lost right on schedule. No matter what, get the exercise in like normal and chances are those onion rings won't matter one little bit.....I wish I could find those posts about going slightly over your set MFP cals and actually losing more since MFP isn't necessarily accurate to a "T." Sometimes, eating more (like 100-300) cals per day can break a plateau...but only with proper exerciese of course! :yawn:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I guess it's just so frustrating because I am doing workouts that are really intense and I'm not sure I could add to them...and if my body is no longer burning as many calories as it used to and I can't make my workouts more intense at this time, how do I keep up with the exercise without killing myself and still maximizing the benefits?