Chocolate NSV

Options
AshDHart
AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
I DID IT!

I was at a friends house this morning and she usually has a basket of lifesavers. Today it had milky ways and 3 musketeers. Oh Noes!

I passed but our other friend who skipped breakfast grabbed a few. Oh Noes! Last week I had to leave my husband to finish checking us out of the store because the chocolate candy smell was driving me nuts. Yes, through the bags at the register! I'm thinking this is going to be rough. :sad:

Later I realize she ate several and I never noticed the smell. I'm still thinking of chocolate but I'm not smelling the damn things! And I didn't have any! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jamiellen1
    Options
    yay!!!! great job!!!!
  • mlpisme1992
    Options
    When I want chocolate I think of how long I will have to work out to burn those calories. It stops me from eating chocolate every time.
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    That is SO impressive! I'm a chocoholic and when I get a whiff of chocolate I just go nuts. This is a fantastic accomplishment and you should be so proud!
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    When I want chocolate I think of how long I will have to work out to burn those calories. It stops me from eating chocolate every time.

I should think this way about peanut butter too...
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    Awesome job! I wish I could say the same - but cookies always get the best of me. i came home this weekend and my mom had made cookies - of course!

haha - but at least I didn't eat as many as I used to. but - next time im going to try to avoid them all together.

actually - there's still some left in the kitchen. so you've just inspired me to not eat any more for the remainder of my stay!

Thanks!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Can I recommend a magnesium citrate supplement? It's pretty much killed my chocoholism (and I also sleep like a friggin' boulder at night now)
  • AshDHart
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    That is SO impressive! I'm a chocoholic and when I get a whiff of chocolate I just go nuts. This is a fantastic accomplishment and you should be so proud!

I could eat chocolate without even realizing it! This is major for me. Thanks!
    actually - there's still some left in the kitchen. so you've just inspired me to not eat any more for the remainder of my stay!

Awesome! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
    Can I recommend a magnesium citrate supplement? It's pretty much killed my chocoholism (and I also sleep like a friggin' boulder at night now)

I know this one. But I'm so bad at remembering it! Thanks for the reminder. :happy: How much do you take?
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on this. Nice job rewiring your sniffer.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Any one in particular? Or just a generic one? I want to give this a try.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Awesome!! You rule.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOOT! *doing a happy dance for you* YOU GO GIRL!
  • inafit16177
    Options
    bump
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic too. I don't deprive myself of anything that I want. I'm going to have anything that I want, as long as it fits into my daily calories. Thank goodness for mini size candies.
  • AshDHart
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic too. I don't deprive myself of anything that I want. I'm going to have anything that I want, as long as it fits into my daily calories. Thank goodness for mini size candies.

I wish I could stop at just a few. That is why I have called chocolate candy off limits. Just a couple turns into a major binge that leaves a 16oz bag empty. I can handle a couple cookies or a small amount of chocolate ice cream so I can indulge with those. :smile:
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Woohoo! Yay for will power! Chocolate has been one of my hardest things to stay away from too.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I know this one. But I'm so bad at remembering it! Thanks for the reminder. :happy: How much do you take?

800 mg daily (about 2 capsules. 1 in the morning, 1 before bed)
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!