If you are a guy stop reading NOW...

Options
Know what I hate? I hate following my diet and exercise to a T, only to have Aunt Flow and water retention show a gain on the scale.

GRRRRRR

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you I hate those 4 days too. All my clothes feel tighter and I really do not want to exercise then either.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I can't remember last time I had a period. Oh, there was one just now. And another. And another... and three more!

What? Like a guy was really gonna avoid a thread telling him NOT to look :laugh:
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting name to name someone "flow..." I never had an aunt flow, wish I did.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    me too!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It does suck! But I've noticed too that when I workout while I'm on my time, I get less headaches, cramps, and I dont tend to feel as bloated. I just have to force myself to do some kind of workout even if i feel crappy lol =)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i feeeeeel you girl. i always gain like 3-4 pounds the week before...like now... blegh. i just remind myself that its all water and that right after its over i'll lose it all :) just think... in a week you'll have a huge loss ;)

hang in there!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I can't remember last time I had a period. Oh, there was one just now. And another. And another... and three more!

What? Like a guy was really gonna avoid a thread telling him NOT to look :laugh:

i literally just LOL'd...
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hahaah my period... i am odd i actually look forward to getting it. for lots of reason and no not cuz 'thank god i'm not knocked up' thats' not one of the reasons. but i feel like a lot of the time i don't really GAIN just don't lose and then after my period it comes off again
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I laughed at that too!!! Good reply!! hhaha
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    lol, i think if you just put "WANNA HEAR ABOUT MY PERIOD?!?" as the title, more guys would stay away lol they can't resist and "no boys allowed" thread :)

and yes....TOM is crazy annoying when you're trying to lose weight. i have a 10 day plateau once a month. i just started birth conrtol last month, so i'm hoping that it won't be so bad this time.....

:flowerforyou:
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    LOL. The GIF in your signature goes so well with the comment.

(and I bet guys are so shocked by the fact that women menstruate)
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options

lmao! omgwtfbbq!?!? hahah
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It does suck! But I've noticed too that when I workout while I'm on my time, I get less headaches, cramps, and I dont tend to feel as bloated. I just have to force myself to do some kind of workout even if i feel crappy lol =)

This is true, I have also found this,

My time this month was crazy, the scale went up 4 pounds! Then i got up in the middle of the night last night to 'get rid' of that 4lbs of water! Hahaha, it was the funniest thing, my work trousers were hanging off me again today. Good times!!
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I kind of like it because I can "blame" the weight gain on something! No worries, just drink extra water and take a Midol or other diuretic! Hang in there ;)
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm just getting lucky but this week i've actually lost in weight and a lil bit in inches and it's that TOM. yea.. it was only a pound and 1/4 of an inch, but thats waaaayyy better than i normally do!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options

LMAO

I always gain 2 - 4 pounds during TOM, really hate that !!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you get cramps, working out is an amazing way to make them go away. Your body releases endorphines and make it all a lot less painful. Thats my motivation!!
  • kmarx65
    kmarx65 Posts: 28
    Options
    That is too funny!