Brother's Place In Wedding?

2»

Replies

• brian2911
    brian2911 Posts: 48
    the older guys with show him the ways .=0)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Weighing in from the guy's perspective. I think a brother standing up for his sister rules out consideration of age. He's not there to be a peer to the other groomsmen. He's there to stand up for his sister. The flip side of this is that, if you don't at least ask him, he may feel he plays a lesser place in your life than your future brothers-in-law. Male egos can be admittedly fragile; particularly at his age. And more particularly if he's a shy one. On the other hand, if it's a religious ceremony, there are usually opportunities for a family member to read something as part of the ceremony. Anyway, my two cents.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Weighing in from the guy's perspective. I think a brother standing up for his sister rules out consideration of age. He's not there to be a peer to the other groomsmen. He's there to stand up for his sister. The flip side of this is that, if you don't at least ask him, he may feel he plays a lesser place in your life than your future brothers-in-law. Male egos can be admittedly fragile; particularly at his age. And more particularly if he's a shy one. On the other hand, if it's a religious ceremony, there are usually opportunities for a family member to read something as part of the ceremony. Anyway, my two cents.

You are absolutely right. My fiancé wants to ask him, and will eventually, I just wanted some other suggestions in case he declined or felt uncomfortable. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.