Can we talk about runners poop? Hahaha!

Options
I just ran 3 miles and then sprinted to the bathroom. Why does this happen? Haha! Any funny stories?

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love poo stories. Poo fascinates me.

I'm loving trying new foods and seeing what happens with my poo.

Yeah, I know I'm weird....
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i have to poo when i run lol its not just you... maybe from the bouncing? i dont know lol
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Mine doesn't involve running but it does involve poo . . . I have a tongue ring and one week I had a pair of dice in my mouth, one on top, one on bottom. Weeelllllll, I swallowed the top one. Ooooops! I know this is gross, but I wanted to find it, sooooo . . . I checked my poo every time I went to the bathroom to see if I could find it. Well, one day I saw it! I left it in there but for some reason was really excited that I found it!!
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well, I poo on a regular basis anyway but I tend to get very bad gas when I eat certain foods. And it always happens at work! Luckily, I keep air freshner at my desk!
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't involve running but it does involve poo . . . I have a tongue ring and one week I had a pair of dice in my mouth, one on top, one on bottom. Weeelllllll, I swallowed the top one. Ooooops! I know this is gross, but I wanted to find it, sooooo . . . I checked my poo every time I went to the bathroom to see if I could find it. Well, one day I saw it! I left it in there but for some reason was really excited that I found it!!

LMAO! This is too funny!
  • tourquoise
    tourquoise Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    very normal actually, runners and people who exercise alot almost never have constipation, exercise speeds up the time it takes food to move through the large intestine and aerobic exercise stimulates the contraction of intestinal muscles,exercise is often recommended to people with constipation to help cure it. It's your body's natural way of keeping you regular and healthy although I must say being a runner for 13 years now I have learned what to eat and what not to eat and how many hours before hand I should eat it before I head out after one embarrassing time while on a long country run I had to stop in a ditch! and a few times every now and then i have been known to run back past my house to make a stop lol...just one of those things!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    Over the years of running, you learn to either plan your route so it eventually passes a bathroom, or if you're like me and run desert trails, you just carry your own Wet-Naps as an emergency back-up plan. Luckily, they rarely get used. :-D