Motivation - Pay if forward!

Options
Pay It Forward...

Have any of your MFP friends motivated you to workout?

Yesterday a friend on MFP fought the good fight. She was tired, worked late into the evening and was just feeling bummed out.

What motivated me was she actually stopped the excuses why not, stopped feeling sorry for herself and did an amazing workout late in the evening. I can't say that I would have done the same under the circumstances!

The point is, today when I was feeling tired, wore out and sorry for myself I took a nap got up and reminded myself of my MFP friend's commitment and thought what's my excuse? I went for a two hour bike ride.

Important thing is: Next time one of your MFP friends do something extrodinary and it motivates you, let them know! If motivates them even more.

We have to power to change ourselves, but we have added power through the motivation of our MFP friends!:smile:

Replies

• rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Nice, well said!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Agreed!

Very nice :happy:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love it.....
  • smbugi
    smbugi Posts: 35
    Options
    So true! Thanks for posting. :happy:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I soo agree with this - so many times I just cannot be fussed to get going and then one of my awesome pals post their heroic efforts and most times it is just what I need to get my sorry *kitten* going - and every time I feel a million times better afterwards.....

I also hope you dont mind me "borrowing your great saying on your profile" - how very true!!

And just by the way - you have just motivated me to get off the couch and MFP and to go and spend an hour in the gym.... couch and MFP will still be here when I get back :-)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i love this. some of my awesome friends tell me that my workouts motivate them so when i feel like *kitten* and dont want to go to the gym i often think of them...so THEY are the reason i continue to go to the gym.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been motivated to work out harder thanks to my MFP friends. I've kicked it up a notch to get higher calorie burns. I love my MFP friends!
  • Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree and I am also motivated my closest real life friends. Because I have raved and been so committed to 30 day shred, three of my friends started it too. So when I feel lazy, I just stick with it because now we are all in it together. No giving up now :)